Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20500 Discussions

I can not set the display resolution 2560x1080 on Dell inspiron 15 5593(i7 1065g7, iris plus + mx230) and LG 25um58-p.

MAleh
Beginner

Win 10 home/pro, all drivers are the latest version. The resolution is normal on the same display with HP 250 G6(i5, Intel HD Graphics 620). HDMI cable is the same

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Max44
Beginner
  1. Press Windows Key + X to open Win + X menu.
  2. Select Device Manager from the list.
  3. Locate the display adaptors driver.
  4. Right-click on it and select Update device from the menu.
  5. Wait for the update procedure to be complete.
  6. Restart your computer to confirm the changes.

If this doesn't solve your problem then please connect with dell support team.

Regards,

Max

0 Kudos
MAleh
Beginner

This operation returned an older driver, which can be downloaded from the Dell website. But the result is the same

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello MAleh, I just wanted to check if the problem persists and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello MAleh, Since I have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, just reply back or post a new question.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
MAleh
Beginner

Of course the problem will persist. since no one here gave an answer to it.

I wrote in those support dell. but there they answered the motherboard of this laptop is not designed for such a high resolution. it's just ridiculous, since now 2020 and the laptop has the latest processor and in addition also a video card. Dell is the worst laptop maker I've seen. even my hp which costs much less than this dell and was made about 5 years ago without any problems can provide 4k resolution.

Dell did not even bother to indicate in the specification that there was such a significant drawback.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello MAleh, Thank you very much for sharing those results.

Based on the information provided by the manufacturer of the computer, Dell, there is a hardware limitation on their side and in this case it will not be possible to set the 2560x1080 resolution on this platform.

Thank you very much once again for sharing the outcome of this subject.

Any other inquiry, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos