Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

I cant install graphics drivers

Thibeault1
Beginner
Hi everyone! New here and wish it was on better terms ! (I need help LOL)

I recently purchased an i7 3770 processor and updated my motherboard to a compatible one (p8z77) everything has been working swimmingly but I noticed that in the bottom right corner the notification to update my graphics drivers (intel HD 4000) kept popping up, so I installed right away, and each time it has looked like the installation was successful, until I go through with the restard, the computer starts up like it hasn't downloaded the driver, and still asks me to download it/saying my system is not up to date. Any help would be extremely appreciated here
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

1. P8Z77-V is quite outdated board, so is the i7 3770 CPU (discontinued, nine years old). Did you installed the Chipset Driver and the Management Engine Interface Driver? 

2. Which version of Intel Graphics Driver you have tried to install?

3. In order to get better information about your system, please download the Intel System Support Utility (SSU). Run the SSU scan (check "Everything") and save the results. The .txt file with the results please attach to your post.

Leon

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

There is no INtel driver for HD4000 graphics for windows 10/11.  All you have is the Microsoft generic driver which lacks features and performance. 

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Windows 11 is the new Vista]

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi Al,

This driver, is a driver supporting I3 3770 on Windows 10: Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows* [15.33]

Leon

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

whoops...

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Windows 11 is the new Vista]

0 Kudos