Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance and optimization
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
16830 Discussions

I have 8GB of RAM but of Available Graphics Memory I have 1.7GB

UnPibeCualquiera
Beginner

Hello! A few years ago I bought a PC, from the first days I was going perfectly, but after a few years (2 specifically) the performance began to deteriorate.
What is the problem? RAM or my Processor / Graphics Card

Processor: Intel Core i5-3330 | 3.00GHz
Installed RAM: 8.00GB (7.90GB Usable)
Available Graphics Memory: 1.7GB
Driver Versión: 10.18.10.5161

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

Is your hard disk almost full?
Windows goes nuts if less than 15% are free.

By trend newer applications demand more RAM and/or CPU power.

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

What is the problem? Is it Windows itself! The buildup of crud in the File system and in the Registry will do this. I believe that Windows should be reinstalled, from scratch, about once a year to keep things fresh and clean.

...S

Jose_V_Intel

Hello JuaaaaaaaanD,

Due to this product being discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, I am glad to see that fellow community members have the knowledge and they jumped in and helped. You may also find the Discontinued Products (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/discontinued-products.html) website helpful to address your request.

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Jose V.

Intel® Customer Support Technician