Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

I have to disable Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630 in order to use a second monitor on my Asus TUF FX705 GM laptop.

NDowe1
Beginner

My new laptop has an NVidia GeForce GTX 1060 graphics card, but it's supposed to use the Intel UHD graphics for less intensive tasks. However, when I connect an Acer monitor to the HDMI port, it only duplicates the display, and won't recognize a second display. I tried updating drivers, restarting my computer, but nothing worked. Then, I uninstalled the Intel card, and suddenly the monitor registered as expected, and I was able to use it. However, it reinstalled upon a restart, and the monitor went back to duplicating instead of working as a second screen. Finally, I disabled the driver, and that's fixed the problem, but I'd like to figure out a way to allow the Intel adapter to work as it was intended, as a more energy efficient graphics option when the GeForce isn't required.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AlHill
Super User

You need to contact the manufacturer of your laptop for assistance. They are responsible for your support.

This may also involve bios settings, and the bios belongs to the laptop manufacturer.

Doc

0 Kudos