Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

I uninstalled my Intel HD graphics adapter and want it back. Help!

BSand9
Novice

I uninstalled my Intel HD graphics adapter, thinking it was interfering with my AMD Radeon graphic card. It wasn't. Now You Tube videos take 10 seconds to load. I removed my CMOS battery for an hour, hoping to reset the BIOS, but there is no mention of graphics at all in my ASUS BIOS. i want the integrated graphics card back.

Also, I downloaded the latest Intel graphics drivers, but they will not install. "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing this software. win64_153336.

24 Replies
BSand9
Novice

Intel HD video controller is back! I had flashed the BIOS with the newest version a couple weeks ago, but still could not find any mention of graphics in the BIOS. Today I went in there, looking to solve a problem with my CD-ROM drive. ASUS hides the graphics section under "system agent configuration." Once I found it, I noticed that "iGPU graphics" was disabled - so I enabled it. When I checked Device Manager, it appeared under "other devices" as Intel video controller and had no driver. So I directed "update driver" to the directory where the HD 2000 driver was stored and BOOM, it chose it and updated correctly. I don't know if I even need it, but at least it's there if I do. Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
EstebanA_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, wildbill562:

I am glad to hear your Graphics adapter is back in your device manager!

If by any chance you require additional support of information, feel free to contact us back.

Regards,

Esteban C

0 Kudos
BSand9
Novice

even more good news... Windows update noticed my system change and kindly provided a driver update. Maybe it's just psychological, but now my graphics look better than ever. I hope anyone reading this will be encouraged to never give up. Even something as simple as figuring out how to change the right setting in my CMOS brings tremendous satisfaction. As for the CD-RW DVD-ROM drives that won't work - they are 2003 and 2006 vintage. So I am throwing them in the trash and ordered a new one for $18.

0 Kudos
EstebanA_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, wildbill562:

Thank you for your response and positive thoughts about this situation.

For sure this is going to be helpful for other users that could have a similar scenario with their devices.

Remember, if you require any additional support, do not hesitate to contact the Intel Communities.

Regards,

Esteban C

0 Kudos