Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20709 Discussions

I7-2600K Intel HD Graphics (igdkmd64) Crash Win 7 x64 when using HDMI

idata
Employee

Hi,

Getting frustrated - help please. Every time I try to use an LCD TV (using mobo HDMI-out to TV HDMI-in) it results in a BSOD with STOP 0x16—telling me that the igdkmd64 did not recover. Usually before the BSOD I get something like "Display driver igdkmd64.sys stopped responding and has recovered" several times, and them–KABOOM.

The system works fine with a VGA monitor without the HDMI attached.

This is a clean Win 7x64 (Home Premium) install on a minimal system:

ASUS P8H67 B3 (Realtec HD Audio, and Realtec Gbit Network);

i7 2600K with Intel HD3000 on processor graphics

4 Gb RAM (2x 2Gb) DDR3 1333

HD - Crucial C300 128Gb SSD AHCPI.

Supposedly (?) I have the newest HW drivers

The culprit TV's are an older Olevia 42"-1080i, and a newer 26" VIZIO 1080p. Both are HDCP compliant, and both work fine with HDMI from a DVD, A/V Receiver or cable box.

So far I have tried swapping HDMI cables, tried using a DVI-out to HDMI adapter (TVs don't have DVI ports) – same result. Tried removing one memory stick (leaving only 2Gb on a single slot) same problem. Also tried with various BIOS settings -- no help. The same things happens if I booth in Safe Mode with networking, but not in Safe Mode. So, I disabled the network drivers and devices, and rebooted normally --but didn't help, same BSOD.

Have been searching the web and forums, but nothing seems to be helping.

Any suggestions are much appreciated!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

@Leonardo

Where did you got the old driver version? Having the same issue, wanna give it a try...

Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
443 Replies
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

So far I have not been able to replicate the issue in our lab. I have limited Display / TV's at my disposal but the ones I do have test fine.

Here are a couple of things to try or confirm.This information will be very helpful for diagnosing the issue.

1 Is SP1 install on your Win 7 installation?

2. Do you have the latest System BIOS from your motherboard manufacturer?

3. Do you have the latest Audio drivers for your system?

Thanks in advance.

JKett2
Novice

I have DH67BL , latest release 105 BIOS, Win7 Pro x64 with Service Pack 1. Latest Realtek Audio drivers, and 2321 crashes on installation and then windows wont boot when using HDMI.

Windows 7 was a brand new installation onto a SSD drive.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

1. SP1 is isntalled.

2. Yes (ASUS).

3. Internal card disabled and SB Audigy PCI with Windows drivers.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Just installed (well tried) the same driver, I have i3 530 + Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit, with all the updates (autoupdate enabled). Same issue, when installed over old driver, installation BSODs and then Windows fails to start. System recovery helps to restore the system, but with no graphics driver.

I also tried installation by removing the old driver via control panel, booting and then installing the new driver. This way the driver installs ok, but Windows crashes on boot.

MB is Gigabyte H55-S2H with newest BIOS.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Forgot to mention that I use HDMI only as well.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I tried to use the HDMI port with the 2321 driver and got the BSOD, tried 4 times.

I have a notebook LG R490 with core i3-M370 with latest drivers of everything. I rool back to the 2291 and the HDMI worked fine.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I have the sames issue.

I'm using intel DH57JG board with a HDMI connection to AVR/TV.

After upgrading to from 2291 to 2321 my Machine crashed (BSOD)

When I connected it t VGA to see what was going it booted well and I used that setup to roll bac to 2291.

This is with SP1, Win7 32

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Thanks everyone for the information requested. This will really help with our investigation. Stay tuned.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Robert_U,

Thanks for the help in advance. I am not in front of my HTPC. But I tried all the current and pass posted drivers in your site and both of the versions are casuing my HTPC BSOD when boot. In my case, the only one working for me is the one came with my MB, supplied CD, I think the version is 2219, dated sometime end of last year.

FYI, there are many people having/reporting the same problem here and in AVS forum.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

It looks like you guys just released the 2342 driver. Hope this is the keeper ~ thanks!

0 Kudos
JKett2
Novice

So in the Download Center under Graphics -> Processor Graphics -> 2nd Generation Intel Core Processors there is version 15.21.13.2342 from the 3/29/2011 available, however under 2342 Release Notes - http://downloadmirror.intel.com/19982/eng/relnotes_gfx_2342_64.htm http://downloadmirror.intel.com/19982/eng/relnotes_gfx_2342_64.htm there is no mention of this HDMI issue listed under Issues Resolved or as outstanding known issues.

BUT, these drivers are called "Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for Windows 7"

Now back to the board I have - the DH67BL - its latest graphics listing is the 15.21.12.2321 from the 3/21/2011

BUT, these drivers are called "Video: Intel® HD Graphics Driver for Windows* Vista and Windows* 7"

So is there anything different between HD and Media Accelerator???

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

For your usage there is no difference. You can install the 15.21.13.2342 driver.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Robert, problem solved with the 2342 driver. Tnks!

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Very good!! Thanks for providing quick feedback.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

I was experiencing the same issues.

A clean install of Windows 7 seemed fine untill I plugged in my HDTV as a secondary monitor. Windows froze, and failed to reboot. only safe mode was functional.

Using an old driver resolved the issue.

But now with the 2342 version everything works fine:)

I am using a DH67BL3B with i5 2300.

Thanks all!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I'm lucky that I had saved the old installers in my local machine since it seems that you can't even download version 2291 from Intel's download center anymore...

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello!

I tryed the driver supplied in this link: Win 7 64 http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=19679 http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=19679 .

No more BSOD error. But when instaling windows warned me that this driver is older them the driver instaled in my system. Instaled it anyway and until now, no issues.

But should i keep this drivers or try and use the newer version that my windows find?

I'm using a 2500 processor with a DH67CL board. 4Gb ram and RAID0.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

We are still looking at this issue and appriciate everyones feedback.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I can also cofirm that the new 2342 driver resolves the hdmi crash issue as well as rolling back to the drivers on the cd.

DH67CF - i7-2600

0 Kudos