Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20676 Discussions

I7-2600K Intel HD Graphics (igdkmd64) Crash Win 7 x64 when using HDMI

idata
Employee

Hi,

Getting frustrated - help please. Every time I try to use an LCD TV (using mobo HDMI-out to TV HDMI-in) it results in a BSOD with STOP 0x16—telling me that the igdkmd64 did not recover. Usually before the BSOD I get something like "Display driver igdkmd64.sys stopped responding and has recovered" several times, and them–KABOOM.

The system works fine with a VGA monitor without the HDMI attached.

This is a clean Win 7x64 (Home Premium) install on a minimal system:

ASUS P8H67 B3 (Realtec HD Audio, and Realtec Gbit Network);

i7 2600K with Intel HD3000 on processor graphics

4 Gb RAM (2x 2Gb) DDR3 1333

HD - Crucial C300 128Gb SSD AHCPI.

Supposedly (?) I have the newest HW drivers

The culprit TV's are an older Olevia 42"-1080i, and a newer 26" VIZIO 1080p. Both are HDCP compliant, and both work fine with HDMI from a DVD, A/V Receiver or cable box.

So far I have tried swapping HDMI cables, tried using a DVI-out to HDMI adapter (TVs don't have DVI ports) – same result. Tried removing one memory stick (leaving only 2Gb on a single slot) same problem. Also tried with various BIOS settings -- no help. The same things happens if I booth in Safe Mode with networking, but not in Safe Mode. So, I disabled the network drivers and devices, and rebooted normally --but didn't help, same BSOD.

Have been searching the web and forums, but nothing seems to be helping.

Any suggestions are much appreciated!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

@Leonardo

Where did you got the old driver version? Having the same issue, wanna give it a try...

Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
443 Replies
MSchm21
Valued Contributor I

There is a 8.15.10.2345 and 8.15.10.2353 for Win7 x64 available on station-drivers. Anyone tried it? Link is here: http://www.station-drivers.com/page/intel%20graphics.htm http://www.station-drivers.com/page/intel%20graphics.htm

0 Kudos
JKett2
Novice

Hi Robert, could you please share with the crowd what your Lab contains and what specific hardwares you are using, OS etc?

Thanks

Jai

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Same issue here.

i5-2500K

GA-H67MA-UD2H

4 GB gskill

HDMI to Panasonic 58" Plasma

8.15.10.2219 is stable

Upgraded to 15.21.12.64.2321, machine boots up and after the Windows animated logo it goes to a completely black screen followed by some disk churn and then a BSOD indicting a HW failure. Had to revert back to 8.15.10.2219

0 Kudos
JKett2
Novice

unfortunately my SSD died yesterday so I had to replace it and revert to my backup from a month ago.

My backup image was running driver 2291.

After visting intel.com and updating all my drivers I noticed there has been a new BIOS released for my DH67BL board... i had 105 and 110 was released about 2 weeks ago. I installed that, and then updated to the latest 2342 release.

I am yet to experience any BSOD, and the HDMI is working fine. So for now my issue is resolved!

2321 DID break this system before. I never tried 2342 because I didnt want to break my system!

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

We are still investigating this folks. We cannot replicate it on the Displays we have so far. Please be patient as we try to duplicate a failing system.

Also,, we have posted new driver in a different baseline. If someone could test these and report back the would be very helpfull.

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=3231&DwnldID=20037&ProductFamily=Graphics&ProductLine=Laptop+graphics+controllers&ProductProduct=Intel%c2%ae+HD+Graphics&DownloadType=Driverseng Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for Windows 7* 64, Windows Vista* 64 (exe)

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=20035&lang=eng Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for Windows 7*, Windows Vista* (exe)

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

I tried the new driver (2361), and so far I have the same results that I had with the 2342 driver on the SAMSUNG P2770HD screen.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello I'm french I have a problem it's seems similar, i installed Win 7 Pro 64 without anithing else I tried to installed the driver on my motherboard CD and the latest on intel websit :

Black screen after windows logo or multicolor screen :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMZAh6x5RHY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMZAh6x5RHY

Sorry for my english

Intel Core i3 2100T

GIGABYTE H67N-USB3-B3

G.SKILL PC3-10666 - 2 x 2 Go CAS 7 - ECO

BE QUIET Pure Power L7 300Whttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMZAh6x5RHY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMZAh6x5RHY
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Dear Intel,

I am speechless about this problem. I posted this problem here beginning of April using i3 2100 2nd generation with Gigabyte H67 MB. I've been experiecing the same problem, BSOD, ever since except 2219. Ever time when I see you guys posted the updated version, I was SO happy to see that and hope this is it! But even with the latest one, 2361, it is still the same same. So I decided maybe it is the MB. Went out and got a Asus H67 MB and give it a try with 2361. Guess what? BSOD again. Guess what with 2219, it has no problem. I just have no idea why you guys can't replicate the same problem there. I also noticed not just the people here but anyone with the Intel H67 MB seems to me without such problem but most if not all users having otrher brand MB will have this BSOD problem. Last but not least, as the other user point out, if you go to Asus website, they only got 2219 there but not the latest one, smart move Asus. Anything I can help please let us know. Please esclate this one!

0 Kudos
MSchm21
Valued Contributor I

Why don't buy Intel such a combination with this failure? They should be able to replicate this issue. If they are testing only with Intel Boards no wonder they can't find it out.

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Hi All

Please post up what brand of memory you are using. The only brand I see mentioned so far is G-Skill.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Bobet_U

Sure I am using Corsair 1333C9 4GB(2x2G) DDR3 1333 1.5V RAM. Let m eknow if you need more info. Thank you.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Using 8GB of Corsair same type as previous poster

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

G-Skill here as well (2x4GB DDR3 1333).

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Can anyone swap out their 2 or 4 gig sticks of memory with 1 gig sticks and report back the results? This would be an important delta for investigating this issue.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

2x2GB A-Data 1333MHz 1.35V , can't test 1GB modules though

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I wish I can help. I don't have any 1G DDR3 here. Sorry.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Can anyone swap out their 2 or 4 gig sticks of memory with 1 gig sticks and report back the results? This would be an important delta for investigating this issue.

Robert_U,

I am sure Intel must have some 2G or 4G DDR3 there you can plug in, right? What is the result? Can you boot up your H67 system with larger than 1G per stick?

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

We have tried 2 and 4 gig sticks. I'm using a DH67BL MB, Samsung 42" LCD TV, have tried Corsair, Patriot, and G-Skill memory, and do not see the issue. Other members of the debug team have also been working to replicate the issue on many different configurations and have not seen the issue. This is frustrating for us too folks,, we know there is an issue but it is not possible to debug and fix until we replicate.

So please indulge me if I ask for assistance from someone that is actualy able to replicate the issue as the data point collected will be valuable for further debug of the issue.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

Thank you for your help Robert, no offense, we know you are doing all what you can to fix this issue and if I can, I'll gladly assit you to do so.

Unfortunately I can't try with 1gig memory sticks either, I don't have such RAM in my possession.

As this has been suggested before, could this be a Motherboard-related problem with non-Intel boards ?

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

I dont beleive this is motherboard related as it occurs on several different brands. Until we have a replication on our side I would just be guessing at a cause.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Robert,

Thanks for all the help so far.

Now, you tried different RAM configuations with the same Intel MB, is it time to try other than Intel MB?

I assume you are in SC, CA not OR site right? From Mission College Blvd to Fry's next to AMD is just a 5 mins drive. Also, Fry's offers 30 days refund policy

IMO, guessing is difficult at this point. But as I mentioned in my previous posts, I've Asus and Gigabyte H67 MB and both are BSOD as soon as I use any of your drivers except 2219. I am here to help. Please let us know what we can help.

0 Kudos