Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20718 Discussions

I7-2600K Intel HD Graphics (igdkmd64) Crash Win 7 x64 when using HDMI

idata
Employee

Hi,

Getting frustrated - help please. Every time I try to use an LCD TV (using mobo HDMI-out to TV HDMI-in) it results in a BSOD with STOP 0x16—telling me that the igdkmd64 did not recover. Usually before the BSOD I get something like "Display driver igdkmd64.sys stopped responding and has recovered" several times, and them–KABOOM.

The system works fine with a VGA monitor without the HDMI attached.

This is a clean Win 7x64 (Home Premium) install on a minimal system:

ASUS P8H67 B3 (Realtec HD Audio, and Realtec Gbit Network);

i7 2600K with Intel HD3000 on processor graphics

4 Gb RAM (2x 2Gb) DDR3 1333

HD - Crucial C300 128Gb SSD AHCPI.

Supposedly (?) I have the newest HW drivers

The culprit TV's are an older Olevia 42"-1080i, and a newer 26" VIZIO 1080p. Both are HDCP compliant, and both work fine with HDMI from a DVD, A/V Receiver or cable box.

So far I have tried swapping HDMI cables, tried using a DVI-out to HDMI adapter (TVs don't have DVI ports) – same result. Tried removing one memory stick (leaving only 2Gb on a single slot) same problem. Also tried with various BIOS settings -- no help. The same things happens if I booth in Safe Mode with networking, but not in Safe Mode. So, I disabled the network drivers and devices, and rebooted normally --but didn't help, same BSOD.

Have been searching the web and forums, but nothing seems to be helping.

Any suggestions are much appreciated!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

@Leonardo

Where did you got the old driver version? Having the same issue, wanna give it a try...

Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
443 Replies
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Yeah we tried several different combinations ,, very frustrating. I was hoping someone had a couple of 1 gig sticks laying around. One thing that is consistent throughout this tread is the 4+gig of memory being used. Another option would be to remove one of the 2 gig sticks and see if the issue occurs with just 1 2gig stick installed.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Robert,

Can you try different monitor/display too please?

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

We have tried at least a dozen displays and TV's.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks Robert_U.

In this case, it looks like the RAM and MB could cause this problem.

Can you try to remove 1 stick of RAM and try?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Robert_U,

Thought I'd throw in my 2c. The problem only occurs with digital outputs -- almost exclusively with HDMI and occasionally with DVI-D. It occured to me that most people (including me) reporting this problem have MBs with at least 2 (even 3) digital-only video outs (DVI-D, HDMI, and in some cases Display Port) AND a separate D-Sub for analog.

In contrast, your DH67BL test setup has a total of two video outs (according to the specs) -- HDMI for digital and DVI-I for either analog or digital. So, your set-up is differnet in that you do not have independent hardware to run two digital video ports and a separate analog video. Wondering if the presence of separate hardware for the analog and multiple digital ports somehow confuses the driver causing it to timeout and crash.

BTW, looking back at the posts, it seems that the 2342 version of the video driver fixed the problems for people with DH67BL. So maybe it was not even the same problem. Can you try a different type of MB -- one with multiple video digital outs and a separate analog out? Maybe even a non-intel one?

Thanks,

Stefan

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Good data point on the Intel DH67xx based boards. We do have a couple of third party boards we are testing but not the ones specifically mentioned here. Working on getting those.

Call for verification: Anyone using an Intel DH67xx board,, are you still seeing the issue with the 15.22.1.2361 driver?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, Yes I'm, too.

I've the same Problem on DH67GD. It's not possible to do anything without BSOD with newest v15.22.1.2361 from web, or original driver from CD-ROM.

- Core i5 2500

- Win 7 x64

- SSD HDD

- using DVI Output

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

In my case v15.22.1.2361 fixed the BSOD and now v15.22.1.2372 fixed the constant driver crashes that Windows 7 was acknowledging.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

To Snake566977:

Which version came on your CD? The driver version on my CD does work, but it is version 8.15.10.2246. I just noticed that BIOSTAR does have a 22xx, specifically 2279, update on their website (http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/mb/driver.php?S_ID=528 http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/mb/driver.php?S_ID=528) but I have not tried it. My guess is that the BSODs came in with the 23xx versions. It would be nice if Intel would make available the 22xx versions on THEIR website until they get this thing resolved!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Anyone else notice this thread is marked as "Answered" at the top?

If Intel has no intention of addressing this problem I'm going to have to return this rig and go with an AMD solution. Working IGP via HDMI is essential to my build.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

It may marked "answered" but sure it is not solved!!!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

On Intel DH67GD Driver CD-ROM is VGA Driver v8.15.10.2342 (CD Version is 8.15.10.2219).

But this Version produced BSOD also, too. (Using DVI)

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I am considering going to AMD for my media PC also because of this.

Robert U - Can't you see that this issue has nothing to do with RAM?

0 Kudos
MSchm21
Valued Contributor I

Snake566977, what monitor model do you have?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I'm using a similar setup as someone that posted earlier -

CPU: i3-2100

Mainboard: Asus P8H67-M EVO

Monitor: Asus VE247H

I recently switched to an Asus VE247H from an Asus VW266H and I now get a BSOD (the cause related to igdkmd64).

I was using HDMI to my previous Asus VW266H and had no issue. I hooked HDMI up to my new Asus VE247H and I get a BSOD (nothing else has changed).

I didn't know if this info could help Intel identify the problem with our third party boards. I hope this can be resolved !

Thanks to whoever posted the info about the only working driver being on Asus' site for our Asus P8H67-M EVO.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I think it could be interesting to compare both displays EDIDs, maybe it could help Intel identify this problem, I believe this bug could be related to specific EDIDs if some LCDs are working and others not.

0 Kudos
MSchm21
Valued Contributor I

VE247H= 23.6" @ 1920x1080 HDMI 1.3

VW266H= 25.5" @1920X1200 HDMI 1.x (unknown, but most likely HDMI 1.2 only because it's 1,5 years longer on the market, released 2008)

But we have seen affected monitors with 1920x1080 HDMI 1.3 output as well in this thread. So it's not this. Does people have problems with 24" size LCDs or smaller?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Exaclty the same issue here. BSOD connecting HDMI to Sony LCD monitor. VGA connection to same TV is ok

Win7 64bit

Asus P8 H67-M Evo

4 GB Ram - Kingston (2X2)

0 Kudos
MSchm21
Valued Contributor I

What specific LCD model do you have?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I'm using an Asus P8H67-V with 8GB (2x4GB G Skill) and Windows 7 x64 SP1 connected by DVI to a DELL U2311H monitor and by HDMI to a SAMSUNG LN40C550 LCD TV set. I had trouble with older drivers (BSOD when HDMI was connected to TV) besides 2219 that was provided with the motherboard but with 2361 I have no more crashes so far. Tested it just 12 hours by now so it's not conclusive but it was instant crash before.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee
0 Kudos