Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

INTEL ARC A770 16GB Multiple Display Issue

JEMedia
New Contributor I

Hi,

I use 2 UHD Monitors on Display Port and a Preview UHD TV Screen on HDMI.

I experience Multiple Screen Konfiguration Errors.

I Processed the DDU and installed the latest Driver : 31.0.101.4255

As you can see in the attachment Screen No. 3 on DP is not configurable.

Screnn No. 2 is my main screen on DP

Screen No. 1 is the Preview Screen on HDMI

In addition on other Graphic Cards when changing the Screen Sequence the Numbers will be changed too - which is not the case with INTEL ARC.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
32 Replies
JEMedia
New Contributor I

Main Problem solved - thanks --> attachment

But you schould rename the screen order from 2 | 3| 1 | to 1 |  2 | 3 |

0 Kudos
JEMedia
New Contributor I

Sorry, the praise was too early !

After a reboot of this system - the situation is as before !

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello JEMedia

Thank you for posting on the Intel Communities. I am sorry you are experiencing issues with your multiple-display setup. Please let us know the following information to further assist you:

1. What steps did you follow to temporarily fix the issue before?
  2. Are you using any type of video adapters?
  3. With all displays connected to the system run the following tools and attach the resulting log files:

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
JEMedia
New Contributor I

Hi Hugo O.,

thanks answering my post.

First I wanna say that I see the ARC A770 as an excellent peace of Hardware with a super price compared to NVIDIA RTX 4090 ect..

I build a new System with the INTEL ARC A770 instead of a NVIDIA as everytime before.

This system is designed as a power station capable processing 8K in NLE's like Resolve Studio and EDIUS etc. 

I posted my findings in the Resolve Forum some time before. see --> Attachment

So in summary all is OK and positive.

My only two problems at the Moment are the 10Bit Color Grading Support and the Multi Screen Support.

Now to the Multi Screen Support - my analysis is as follows:

Windows Screen Configuration Dialog done on one of my old systems with NVIDIA card is OK like seen in previous attachmet.

When booting the new system with INTEL ARC A770 without letting the INTEL Ctrl. Center run the Screen Configuration stays

OK.

When letting the INTEL Ctrl. Center run --> the Screen Configuration is destroyed --> see previous attachment

I suspect there must somwhere a Win configuration file which is overwritten by the Ctrl Center PGM.

Regards

Joe

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello JEMedia

We are glad that the graphics card has performed well for you so far thank you for your support. In regards, to this issue, please let try to uninstall the current driver using Display Driver Uninstaller, once uninstalled download and update to the latest version 31.0.101.4314 that recently came out.

If the issue still happens, please share with us the following information:

• What is the software that causes the issue is it Intel® Arc™ Control Software or Intel® Graphics Command Center?
  • Do you use video adapters or are the monitors using native connections?
  • With all displays connected to the system run the following tools and attach the resulting log files:

Create a log file with the Intel® System Support Utility and attach it. Create a System report following these instructions. Only use the instructions under Intel Graphics Command Center (Intel GCC): https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005848/graphics.html

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
JEMedia
New Contributor I

Hi Hugo_O,

here is the Info you requested:

1. I run the DDU

2. I installed the new Driver Versio .......4314

3. Reboot

4. Situation as before - no change -->  see attachment

5.  SSU Report --> server not found

Regards

Joe

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello JEMedia

Thank you for letting us know. There is a newer driver version, 31.0.101.4335, please let's try to update to that version.

I am still missing all of the following information from my previous post:

• What software causes the issue is it Intel® Arc™ Control Software or Intel® Graphics Command Center?
  • Do you use video adapters or are the monitors using native connections?
  • With all displays connected to the system run the following tools and attach the resulting log files:

Create a log file with the Intel® System Support Utility and attach it. Create a System report following these instructions. Only use the instructions under Intel Graphics Command Center (Intel GCC): https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005848/graphics.html

In the case of the SSU report note that the instructions say that you need to click on save instead of submit so you can create the log file and attach it to your response it will not be automatically uploaded. Attach as well the report from the Intel Graphics Command Center.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
JEMedia
New Contributor I

Hi Hugo O.,

here is what I did

1. run the DDU

2. Install the ...4335 Driver

3. Reboot

4. Situation is as before - no change --> see attachment 1

5. run SSU Report --> see attachment 2

Your Question 1: I suspect INTEL ARC Control SW

Your Question 2: No video adapters - native connections

Report from Graphics Command Center - what is this - where ?

Regards

Joe E.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello JEMedia

If you don't have the Intel® Graphics Command Center, you can download it by following the instruction in this article:

How to Install the Intel® Graphics Command Center From the Microsoft Store

Once downloaded follow the instructions from the previous post to generate the report. Make sure to have all displays connected at the time of creating the report to get the information from them.

I would also recommend based on the log file that you already provided, updating your BIOS to the latest version go to your motherboard manufacturer website to download and install it.

Best Regards,

Hugo O

0 Kudos
JEMedia
New Contributor I

Hey Hugo_O,

when started the system this morning the configuration was OK --> see attachment

and I thougth you found the problem.

Even after execution of the Control Center SW the configuration stays the same.

But now about 5 hours later when I switch on the system again - the problem is more worse than ever --> only HDMI port is displayed !!!

Regards

Joe_E.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello JEMedia

Just to make sure, were you able to confirm that the issue does not happen right after opening the Intel® Arc™ Control Software or is this still the case?

Also, please share with us the log file from the Intel® Graphics Command Center, following the instructions from my two previous posts.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
JEMedia
New Contributor I

Good Morning Hugo O.,

when booting up this morning the situation was as shown in --> attachment 1

and it stays the same when running the Control Center SW.

So, you made it to get the sencond DP Srcreen to live.

The Configuration you choose is not mine and I configured it to my needs --> attachment 2

and it stays the same when running the Control Centeer SW,

So if that is stable it fulfil my needs on multiple Screen Support.

You may have noticed that there are some cosmetical problems left, which are:

1. If Screen sequence is changed --> it needs a renumbering starting with 1 in very left corner

thus will show the boot up messages on the main screen in my case DP

Thank you very much for this excellent driver support of an excellent  professionel discrete graphic card .

Regards

Joe E

0 Kudos
JEMedia
New Contributor I

Hey Hugo O,

sorry for this post scription:

I have a second system which is 100% HW Compatible (dual boot) when booting this up - the situation is not solved ???

Any idea ?

Regards

Joe E.

0 Kudos
JEMedia
New Contributor I

Hey Hugo O.,

you requested the GCC Report earlier - here you are --> attachment

Regards

Joe E.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello JEMedia

I would like to clarify and make sure about the status of the thread as of right now since I see different posts from you.

• I see the thread marked as resolved and that you mentioned that now the system is working fine. Is this correct is the issue being discussed in this thread resolved?
  • I also see another post about a second system, What is the issue with this system that you mention?

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
JEMedia
New Contributor I

Hello Hugo O.,

sorry for the confusion.

The reason is: I found by chance a walk around solution and thougth it was made from finding the bug in the driver.

The walk around solution is as follows:

1. Boot up my old system (INTEL + NVIDIA) with my normal 2 Monitor Configuration

2. Shut down old system

3. Boot up new system (AMD + INTEL) without HDMI port connected

4. The Monitor Configuration from 1. is still valid and displayed on both Monitor's

5. The ARC Control Center is executed - the Configuration stays the same

6. Work can be done with the 2 Monitor Scenario

7. Reboot the system

8. Problem is back

Sorry again - so the problem is still there.

Regards

Joe E.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello JEMedia

We would need to further check this problem with our team, however, we would need a video showing the setup that you are running as well as showing the issue so we can have a better understanding of the problem. You can attach the video to your response.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
JEMedia
New Contributor I

Hello Hugo O.,

attached pls find the situation:

1. VWS19 Monitor 1

2.. VWS19 Monitor 2

3. VWS22 Monitor 1

4. VWS22 Monitor 2 --> black

Regards

Joe E.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello JEMedia

Based on the report that you shared I see the three monitors:

Samsung U28D590 (DP) 

https://www.samsung.com/latin_en/business/monitors/business/uhd-lu28d590ds-zp/ 

Sharp-NEC EA275UHD (DP) 

https://www.sharpnecdisplays.eu/p/datasheet/en/datasheet/rp/ea275uhd.xhtml 

Panasonic-TV (HDMI) 

• Which one of the displays is the one experiencing the issue, and does it always happen with the same one?
  • Could you please try different configurations of 2 displays at the same time, for example, 2 DP monitors or 1DP and 1 HDMI, and check if a similar issue happens? In addition, please also try testing different cables.
  • I will also need the model of the Panasonic TV as it is not specified in the report that you shared with us. Please let us know.
  • What is the resolution and refresh rate being used? Are all three displays configured the same?

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
JEMedia
New Contributor I

Hi Hugo O.,

here are the answers to your questions:

Q1:

2 = NEC EA275UHD(DP)

1 = Panasonic TV 40CX800(HDMI)

3 = Samsung U28D590(DP)

Q2:

2 Monitors eg. 1 DP and 1 HDMI are OK !

Cables is no problem

Q3: see Q1

Q4: As you can see from different attachments : all Monitors are configured UHD 3840 x 2160

NEC = 30

Samsung = 60

TV = 60

Regards

Joe E.

0 Kudos