Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20709 Discussions

INTEL ARC A770 16GB Multiple Display Issue

JEMedia
New Contributor I

Hi,

I use 2 UHD Monitors on Display Port and a Preview UHD TV Screen on HDMI.

I experience Multiple Screen Konfiguration Errors.

I Processed the DDU and installed the latest Driver : 31.0.101.4255

As you can see in the attachment Screen No. 3 on DP is not configurable.

Screnn No. 2 is my main screen on DP

Screen No. 1 is the Preview Screen on HDMI

In addition on other Graphic Cards when changing the Screen Sequence the Numbers will be changed too - which is not the case with INTEL ARC.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
32 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello JEMedia

Based on the information I understand that the screen that experiencing no display issues and cannot be configured is the Samsung monitor. Does the issue always happen with that one or does it change to the other monitors? If the issue only happens with the Samsung display specifically, Can you test another TV or monitor?

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
JEMedia
New Contributor I

Hello Hugo O.

yes it is the Samsung Monitor. It always happens with that one.

Test with other Monitor is wasted time --> see previous attachments it works

with other system(VWS19) in identical configuration.

In the mean time I installed the new driver ..... 4369

You added a new Item --> Display in the Control Center --> excellent

Here are only 2 Displays shown --> Display 2 - NEC  (DP) and Display 1 TV Panasonic (HDMI)

But Display 1 is caracterized as DP which is wrong !!!

And Display 3  Samsung is not shown  and is black as usual !!!

See the faulty Display Screen from Control Center in the attachment

Regards

Joe E.

0 Kudos
lorvar
New Contributor I

Exactly my issue. 28 hours trying to figure out the reason. The only work around is to use the port from the motherboard. Luckily my i5 12600k has an iGPU.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello JEMedia

Thank you for the information. We will need to check this issue with our team, however, just to make sure that we got the information from your previous post right I would like to summarize this: A 3-display configuration not including the Samsung monitor let's say Panasonic+NEC+Any other monitor works fine and a 3 display configurations including the Samsung monitor like Panasonic+NEC+Samsung will cause the Samsung display not to be recognized, configurable or to be able to display anything. Did I get this right? Please let u know so we can further check this with our team.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
JEMedia
New Contributor I

Hi Hugo O.,

No, your Coclusion is wrong - there is no Problem with Samsung Monitor or cabling whatsoever !

When you read my post as of  05-06-2023 carefully you will notice that my configuration NEC(DP) Samsung(DP) and Panasonic TV

(HDMI) worked once some older driver versions before.

So the problem is not on my side or on my HW used it is a driver problem definitively !

As I mentioned before there must be a kind of Display configuration file on windows(I don't know the name or place)

which is created in my example(VWS19) in a valid form and therefore the Displays are shown in correct form and order

--> see attachment VWS19

Then starting up VWS22 with that older driver version the Diplays as well are shown in correct form and order as in VWS19.

--> Afterr reboot VWS22 this configuration file must be overwritten by the ARC Driver and the situation is that the samsung Monitor is not configurable and some other bugs as well

Sorry that's the situation you and your team can learn from.

Regards

Joe E.

0 Kudos
JEMedia
New Contributor I

OK Hugo O.,

I did your Job - as mentioned before the driver has to record the Diplay configuration somewhere in Windows.

Here is where it is:

Registry/Computer/HKeyLocalMachine/System/CurrentControlSet/Control/GraphicsDriver/Configuration/

here is how it looks like for the Samsung Monitor if all is OK !

--> Attachment 1 = VWS19

And here is how it is with your Intel ARC driver - where ist is not OK

--> Attachment 2 = VWS22

Is it now possible to speed the solution a little bit up - instead of bothering me to deliver this and that ?

Regards

Joe E.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello JEMedia

Thank you for sharing your findings as they will be useful to help you with this issue. As for my previous post, I did not mean it as a conclusion but rather what I need from you is just to confirm if that is the behavior that you are seeing from the outside regardless if this is a hardware or driver issue. Please check the previous post and let us know if the behavior that I described is what you see or experience when using the system, we need to know this information so we can check everything we have gathered so far internally.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello JEMedia

Please share with us the information requested from our previous post so we can further assist with this issue.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello JEMedia

We wanted to let you know that we have tested several 3 display configurations and have not experienced any issues like the one you describe.

Please try using Intel® Graphics Command Center to manage your multiple displays and check if the same issue happens, however, if the issue persists in order to further isolate the issue we would recommend that you contact us directly. Our technicians can connect to your system remotely so we can further troubleshoot this issue.

Best regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello JEMedia

We noticed that you have now opened a (chat/email/phone) support case with us, and we will continue to help you through that channel now. We will therefore close this community case. Please, keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel, in case that you have further questions, please open a new thread. 

Thanks for your understanding.  

Best regards, 

Hugo O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Jurka
Beginner
I have the Same Problem. NVIDIA have this Solution:

https://youtu.be/bYQA9h4p6us?si=Chs3RnJ3MKsTE-Jg

But you have no Solution that sucks. I will Return the Arc770 because i‘m disappointed

0 Kudos