Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21067 Discussions

Impossible to add some custom resolutions with HD Graphics 10.18.10.4358 and Celeron N2840 CPU

jde_d
Beginner

Impossible to add some custom resolutions with HD Graphics 10.18.10.4358 and Celeron N2840 CPU: I try to add some custom resolutions to clone my desktop to TV screen. But my TV don't supports 1280 X 768 and I want to try 1024 X 600.

I try to add custom resolutions with the HD Graphics manager but the menu don't exists in the version :

So I try to launch in Win10 mode, Win8 compatibility mode and Win7 compatibility ==> failed = no window openning, no console openning ==> nothing happens

Anyone have a idea ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Jacquot,

Intel® graphics control panel shows only the supported resolutions by the monitor, it is not capable to change it.

Each monitor provides to the operating system with the Extended Display Identification Data (EDID). It is a data structure provided by a digital display to describe its capabilities to a video source

Regards,

Mike C

0 Kudos
CCris2
New Contributor II

Hi Jacquot,

You can set custom resolutions only if you respect aspect ratio that your monitor supports, but you can't set higher resolution then your max monitor resolution or you monitor will go black with unsupported resolution message.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Jacquot,

The monitor gives the resolution supported to the graphics controller and the graphics control panel shows to the customer the resolutions available.

Mike C

0 Kudos