Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20948 Discussions

Installing Graphic Card

SPrin
Beginner

Hiya I hope someone here can help me

I recently brought a new desktop Zoostorm PC from Littlewoods and it has come with windows 8.1 and Intel Integrated HD graphics, I have my Raedon 5450 GC from my old PC and every time I have attached it to the Motherboard and loaded up the PC my monitor screen stays black

I have looked online and checked the BIOS to try and change compatibility mode but there is no option there. I have used drive booster and updated all my drivers and there is one called VGA Video Controller and it is unplugged.

Is they anyway to install this card so I can play my games (they run ok but loading screens are alittle slow using the HD integrated card)

any help you can give is appreciated

here is my specs

Operating System

Windows 8.1 with Bing 64-bit

CPU

Intel Celeron 1037U @ 1.80GHz 52 °C

Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology

RAM

4.00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz (11-11-11-28)

Motherboard

NM70-M (SOCKET 0) 28 °C

Graphics

Standard Monitor (1360x768@60Hz)

Intel HD Graphics (Elitegroup)

Storage

465GB Western Digital WDC WD5000AAKX-60U6AA0 (SATA) 37 °C

465GB TOSHIBA External USB 3.0 USB Device (USB (SATA)) 37 °C

Optical Drives

ATAPI iHAS122 E

Audio

VIA HD Audio(Win8.1)

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hello JaynanTesla,

This configuration is supported from the Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family but will always depend on the motherboard manufacturer if the system is capable of handling such configuration or not.

My best recommendation is for you to do a BIOS update to latest BIOS version and confirm with the Computer Manufacture if you can setup switchable graphics.

Kevin m