Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20737 Discussions

Intel 965 graphics driver Windows 7 (Vostro 1510) not working properly

idata
Employee

Hi there, I am having a very odd problem, but googling I noticed I am not the only one (only I couldn't find any solution).

About 4 months ago I installed W7 (clean install) and got the graphics driver from the Intel website, everything went fine for a while. Then the screen started freezing and the system rebooted after a blue screen. The message said there was some problem at a "igxprd32" file. I decided to do nothing by then since I believed this would be solved when I reinstalled W7 from the beginning. Only the problem got worse and worse until the system froze right after complete boot, or not more than 15 minutes after started.

Then I installed W7 again (clean install again), got the updated drivers but the problem persisted. I tried virtually everything, even running the Vista drivers instead but nothing seems to work. I can only use the computer if running a standard graphics driver, but in this case the resolution is awful as expected, and there is no more gaming

May somebody help me out?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
24 Replies
DKnow2
Valued Contributor I

Laptop warranty support is not as good. I noticed the Vostro is supposed to have extra flex and that may be what doomed my desktop 965. I was shorted two brass standoffs and moved two extras from a tray which are shorter. These were precisely below the graphics slot and my system failed after adding a card. I still believe the card was at fault but who knows. Incidentally my graphics needs are 2.5D as described on TomsHardware. For me that is rapid overlay of 2D.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Dear friends,

I have finally solved this problematic issue, but I am sorry to inform that the solution was to change the motherboard. The system went back to normal immediately, so that was no driver problem at all.

Ho you guys have luck with your notebooks!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

hi there

i read ur msg and i bought a vostro like u but not 1510, 1015 instead and i installed win. 7 and noticed after while about 4months the same problem, dont know if it is from the start or happened after while and i said may be it is due to win. 7after while i downloaded all the known drivers from the net from dell and from intel even i formated the drive and installed a version of 32x insted of 64x as most the drivers were for 32 version and didnt help, i respond to this problem by shutting my mouth untill i get another version of vista or xp.

this week i installed a xp version (didnt work) and vista also no difference after that i returned to my first win 7 and surrendered and i am very very depressed and i dont know what to do , i hated my laptop, and dell company and intel chips and i deal with many friends and employes as i considered as a good pc manager and i until now more than 20 guys i made them change to another laptps brands and to take a long thinking to read if the laptop they r going to buy have internal chips with intell brand and i will not stop writing to many companies dealing in inporting PC.s to decrease their inporting of such foolish brand

this brand is the worst in the world even the least chineese brand realy is better than that company and i regreat thousands of times of buying this garbage brand and thank u dell and intel for that very bad customer support and ignorance

proff. eng. ahmed fathy from egypt

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Dear Ahmed, if you laptop is only 4 months old, why don't you contact warranty? I believe it is standard that Dell products have a 12-month warranty period.

0 Kudos