Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20639 Discussions

Intel Arc Control Never Launched After Trying to Open It.

Whizzard
Beginner

Hi, I wanna ask about the newly updated driver for my system. I installed the latest driver along with the Arc Control but when I attempted to open it, it never launched nor opened. However the Intel Graphics Command Center can be normally opened and it worked just fine, only the Arc Control that bothered me because I can't surely open it.

System Information:

- 12th Gen. Intel®Core™i7-12650H

- Display Adapters: Intel UHD Graphics for 12th gen. Intel Processor and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Laptop GPU.

- 16GB of DDR4 system Memory (RAM)

- SAMSUNG 476GB SSD NVMe storage.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Whizzard,

Thank you for posting in the Intel Communities. About the launch problem with the Intel Arc Control software, you should try the following:

• Uninstall Intel® Arc™ Control following the steps below:
  1. Press the Windows key.
    1. Click settings.
    2. Select Apps and then select Apps & Features.
    3. Search the list for Intel® Arc™ Control software and click it.
    4. Select Uninstall.

Best regards,

Jean O.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Whizzard
Beginner

Is intel Arc control supposed to run even on a non-Arc graphic card?

Also I did uninstalling all the drivers (including the Arc Control and Grapchis Command Center) until Windows recognize it as a 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter' on the device manager. After then I reinstall all the driver again but still the Intel Arc Control won't opening.

*Not trying the DDU yet.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Whizzard,

Thank you for sharing the information. Based on your questions, it is important to mention that the Intel Arc Control is intended to work with Intel graphics, but since you have Intel Integrated Graphics, the application should work. However, we would like to let you know that the driver development team is currently working on an issue where the Intel Arc Control Does Not Launch When Using Integrated Graphics alongside a 3rd Party Discrete Graphics Card. We want to further review this issue internally and will post back as soon as we have more details.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Whizzard,

Thank you for your patience. We are currently looking into this matter, but we want to recommend you try eliminating all driver versions and leftovers using the DDU tool, following the steps shared before, and then installing our latest driver, 31.0.101.4824.

In case the issue remains, we want to have more information about your system, so please create a report using the Intel®️ System Support Utility (Intel®️ SSU) 

• Download the Intel SSU
  • Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel®️ SSU will take you to the "Summary View."
  • Click on the menu where it says: "Summary" to change it to "Detailed View."
  • To save your scan: click on "Next"; then "Save."

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Whizzard,

We are posting back to confirm whether or not you were able to test the new driver version and gather the system report in case the issue remained. Let us know if you require further assistance.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Whizzard,

We hope you are doing fine.

We have not heard back from you. So we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
tedh1979
Beginner

I am a newer user and I'm having the same problem.  Sounds like a LOT of people are having this problem. I bought the Intel Arc A770 Asrock 16GB version and have a brand new system with Windows 11.  I installed the card and software and everything worked, including ARC control. Now all the sudden Arc control won't work. I have downloaded DDU and booted from safe mode.  I have removed all of the drivers and I've installed the most recent driver and Arc software.  Arc STILL won't open. Won't open as administrator either. So I downloaded the latest BETA driver along with ARC control after removing Arc yet again.  New beta driver is installed and Arc is installed but it STILL won't open!!!!!!!!  I have a week left to return this card and get an Nvidia so reply quick before I send it back!

0 Kudos