Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20647 Discussions

Intel Celeron N2840, Windows 10 and Custom Resolution

YPopo
Beginner

Hi all,

I have a problem. I have a Lenovo notebook with Intel Celeron N2840 processor. It works fine for simple tasks. I want to connect it to Dell monitor. Dell monitor has QHD (2560x1440) resolution. The main problem that I can't run custom resolution app on Windows 10.

I installed the latest driver via Intel Driver Update Utility. This driver doesn't have Custom Resolution option in Intel Control Panel. It has CustomModeApp in Windows System32 folder, but I can't run this app on Windows 10 (do nothing).

How can I setup custom resolution on this notebook? Intel Control Panel has Custom Resolutions tab in new driver versions, but I can't install them on this processor/video chip.

Thanks,

Yehor

0 Kudos
23 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi,

I'm just following on this thread and I was wondering if the information provided helps you.

Regards,

Hellen.

0 Kudos
PWats2
Novice

Hey, I am experiencing the same issue on the same driver version (4425) but the device is the Intel HD 4000 series.

The custom resolution shows up in the CustomModeApp but Windows and the Intel Graphics Control Panel does not show the resolution up at all.

I have tried changing the scaling settings and that has not changed anything. I am trying to change my refresh rate to 72 instead of 60 in steps of 2 but still none of the resolutions will appear even after a reboot.

And lastly, I ran the CustomModeApp.exe as an administrator with no change in result.

Thanks.

coldflo
Beginner

you cannot ever disable custom resolutions its like selling graphics card then disabling like 90% of its functionality cause lack of support...... this should be crime.............

0 Kudos