Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20622 Discussions

Intel DSA (Driver & Support Assistant) installation issue

AhmedNasr
Beginner

Hello, I installed intel DSA later, but it stopped working suddenly so I removed it to re-install it. But every time I run the .exe file, an interface appears in it written ( are you sure you want to remove the program ) I used the DSA uninstall tool and did a registry cleanup and wipe the remaining files from the old version of the program, but the problem still persists and I cannot install the program

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello AhmedNasr, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

To have more details from your system, please provide the following: 

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report generated:

• Open the application, check the "Everything" box, and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".   
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".   
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".   
  • Use the option under the reply window to attach the report to the thread (Drag and drop here or browse files to attach). 

2. Can you check if the following Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) folders are still installed?  

• Press Windows key (File explorer Windows will be opened with this key combination).  
  • Click on "This PC."  
  • Look for: Disk C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA 

Note: In case you do not see the "ProgramData" folder click on the upper tab "View" and check the box "Hidden items".  

If you see those folders, please get the logs zipping the DSA folder: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14200/windows-compress-uncompress-zip-files 

3. Also, get the logs for the  Intel® DSA Uninstaller tool: 

• Use the Uninstaller tool again to uninstall the remaining files for the Intel® DSA. 
  • Press Windows key (File explorer Windows will be opened with this key combination).  
  • Click on "This PC."  
  • Look for: Disk C:\, on the search bar, type: "DSAUninstaller.log". 
  • Take the logs, copy and paste them into a folder and send it to us. 

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel or any of its products is implied.  

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello AhmedNasr,  

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello AhmedNasr,  

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos