Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21076 Discussions

Intel Display 530 won't work anymore?

CTai2
Beginner

My setup:

Dedicated video card with 3 displays.

Intel 530 (6600k) with one display (DVI from mobo to HDMI).

Yesterday right before bed all as fine, this morning when I went to turn on my displays the one connected to the motherboard would cause my other monitors to go black for a second (the annoying ms auto detect feature), but there was no display. When I tried connecting that display to my video card, it would work. I even tried another display with an hdmi-hdmi cable, and once again I was able to get it to work when connected to my video card, but not my mobo.

I un-installed and re-installed drivers (including the latest drivers) and now the motherboard does not even 'detect' them anymore (my other monitors wont go black for a second, nor can I access the intel graphics control panel, or see the displays in the 'Screen Resolution' section). I do not have any automated updates set.

So in summary: Two displays with two different type of connectors do not work when using mobo connectors, but work fine on the video card (and everything was working fine yesterday).

I also find it particularly odd/annoying how I can't even get the Intel control panel up (probably because it refuses to launch if it doesn't detect anything connected.)

0 Kudos
14 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Chris4573234,

I would be glad to help you with your hybrid graphics settings. Before, given to you any troubleshooting, please provide me with your system configuration. If it is possible send me the results of Intel® System Support Utility.

You have 4 monitors, let me know how they are connected to the pc (type of video cables, adapters).

Intel® System Support Utility

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility?product=91600 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility?product=91600

Regards,

Mike C
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I was checking this thread and I would like to know if there is any update regarding the information requested previously.

Regards,

Hellen.

0 Kudos
CTai2
Beginner

This still does not work, but at least now it detects the monitor. The u2711 is connected using a dual link DVI cable. If I connect the u2711 to my 7950 (using same cable) I get the proper resolution, but if I connect it to the DVI port on my mobo it now only gives me 1680x1050 as the best resolution.

Z170MX-Gaming 5

Note: All other displays work fine, they are connected using my video card.

edit: Looks like I was using an HDMI to dvi cable before (as that mobo cant do 1440p over dvi). I sadly cant find it. The u2711 can also be forced into 1440p over my hdmi 1.4 cable but I keep getting a maximun bandiwdth capacxity error message (lol Intel, 1.4 HDMI wont be bottled necked by 1440p at 60 hz)...

This is all frustrating, maybe I can dig up the old hdmi to dvi cable I was using before this randomly broke...

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Try installing the INF driver for your TV/monitor, this driver supplies configuration information (an .INF file) used by the operating system to implement the plug and play (PnP) features of the monitor. This configuration information includes supported refresh rates, screen resolution, and color quality settings. The configuration file is also known as a monitor .INF file.

You can get this driver from your TV/Monitor manufacturer website.

Regards,

Ivan

0 Kudos
CTai2
Beginner

The INF driver does not work for this, as when it was released it did not include 1440p over hdmi. It even listed it as a 1080 max for the HDMI port in its old documentation, but since then even Dell monitor tech confirmed its a passive port and it can do HDMI 1.3 with 1440p assuming you have the right video card, driver and hdmi cable.

Many people have gotten 1440p to work over HDMI, even using Intel graphics. Sadly seems the only guides I can find are the linux ones so I am stuck trying to figure out how to get the intel windows driver to work. I might be wrong, but it feels like the intel graphics driver is is just spitting out the generic 'not enough bandwidth' message. As I previously mentioned, HDMI 1.3 is not lacking bandwidth for 1440p (so it might be failing for a legit reason, but I don't see how its bandwidth).

For now I threw in an old gtx 570 to get this monitor to work. So this isn't that big of a hurry (but I am wasting about 35 watts extra per second).

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Chris4573234,

Once you have a video card connected, you will not be able to launch the Intel® HD Graphics Control Panel, please remove the video card and use the onboard video, don't leave the video card connected on the PCI, remove it and then plug the monitor you need on the motherboard and start your system, now try to launch the Intel® HD Graphics Control Panel.

That will show you that you can launch it without the video card but once you reconnect the video card you will not be able to launch it anymore.

If there is a way to do it, it is something most likely available to your motherboard BIOS but in this case you will need to contact your motherboard manufacturer for better support and for triple display support as they are more familiar with your motherboard and BIOS.

If you want to force it to open, try the steps at the following link:

/thread/52670 https://communities.intel.com/thread/52670

You will see the correct answer there.

At this point, I suggest you to check with your motherboard manufacturer for information on the supported multiple display configurations for your computer. Intel provides general information about Intel graphics features. However, your motherboard manufacturer can incorporate customization and might not support all general graphics features.

Regards,

Ivan

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

I'm just following on this thread to ask you if your issue was resolved with the information provided above or if you still need further assistance.

Thanks,

Ivan

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

I'm just following on this thread to ask you if your issue was resolved or if you still need further assistance.

Thanks,

Ivan
0 Kudos
CTai2
Beginner

No, the issue Ivan replied to was an issue I had in June that somehow resolved itself (driver update maybe).

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks for the information and I'm glad that your issue was resolved.

Ivan.
0 Kudos
CTai2
Beginner

??? It has not been resolved. The original snafu I dealt with in June was auto resolved, but setting a custom resolution was not resolved.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Could you please explain to us what is exactly the issue you get with the custom resolution?

In addition, I will appreciate if you could fill out the information at the following link and POST it here to better assist you.

/thread/77761 https://communities.intel.com/thread/77761

Thanks,

Ivan

0 Kudos
CTai2
Beginner

I am trying to get my dell u2711 to work over HDMI. The monitor does not officially support 1440p over hdmi, but since then many people (mostly on linux) have got this to work (using Intel integrated GPU), and even a dell tech said it works due to how they implemented HDMI on the u2711. My problem is when I tried to set a custom resolution it gave me a not enough bandwidth error.... I don't know if this was a genuine error, or a generic Intel error misleading me after it did not see that resolution as supported by the u2711.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

The graphics controller in your computer supports higher resolutions than the one you are trying to achieve but this depends on the monitor supported resolutions and the limitations set by the computer manufacturer.

You can check what resolutions can support the monitor on your system by doing the following steps:
  • Open Intel Graphics and Control panel.
  • Go to Options and select Information Center under the drop down menu.
  • Click Save.

By doing this, you will have a document with the supported resolutions (Supported Modes) by your monitor and so you will know what resolutions and hertz can be used with your system. It is also important to mention that we as Intel provide the hardware to the computer manufacturers and they will design and create their systems with their specifications meaning that they can also set limitations such as the supported resolutions.

Regards,

Ivan.

0 Kudos