Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20603 Discussions

Intel Driver Assistant recommending Arc driver install? Don't have an Arc card.

Byteus
Novice
Intel Driver Assistant is recommending I install the Arc driver however I don't have an Arc card. Didn't see it mentioned in the release notes as anything but an Arc driver however. Is the Arc driver replacing the 770 iGPU driver, which I do have. The revisions look pretty close .3430 vs Arc .3490 as if it would be an update and thus the recommendation. Thought I'd try and confirm first.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Byteus,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.  

Regarding your question. The Intel® Arc™ 31.0.101.3490 driver is intended to work with Intel® Arc™ A-Series Graphics. For your 770 iGPU, you should keep using our Intel® Graphics – Windows* DCH Drivers.

To solve this issue where the Intel Driver Assistant is requesting you to install the Intel® Arc™ driver, please, reinstall the Intel® DSA using the Uninstaller tool.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
pgaitan
Beginner

Hello, I have the same problem and uninstalling and re-installing Intel DSA didn´t help.

Please let me know if there is another solution. It's quite annoying.

Regards

Pablo

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Byteus,

I hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Byteus,

I hope you are doing fine.

I have not heard back from you. So we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos