Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

Intel Driver and Support Assistant Error Message "No Configuration Data"

GabeM
Beginner

Hi, I've looked everywhere for answers but nothing seems to work. My computer runs on Windows 7 Professional and when using the Intel Driver and Support Assistant I always get the same message "No configuration data." My internet works fine, and I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver twice. I've posted a screenshot below of this problem. If I could get answers as soon as possible that would be great, thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello GabeM

Thank you for all the information provided. In this case, based on the log file that you shared with us all the Intel hardware included in this laptop, due to its age, has been discontinued. The hardware will be the following:

Intel® 82577LC Gigabit Ethernet

Intel® Core™ i5-450M Processor

Due to these components being discontinued the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) cannot find drivers for them. More information in the following article:

Common Reasons why the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) isn't Finding your Hardware

We would advise you to download drivers from your manufacturer's website, or you can also contact them and check if they have a proprietary tool to download drivers.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello GabeM

Thank you for posting on the Intel Communities. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues when trying to use Intel® Driver & Support Assistant. Please let's try the following:

1.-Uninstall the tool using the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant Uninstaller. Once the tool has been downloaded, please install the latest version from this link.

2.-Make sure that you are using one of the supported web browsers:

• Chrome
  • Firefox
  • EdgeLegacy

3.-In case you have any adblocker extension, please disable it from the browser.

If the issue persists, please let us know the following information:

1.-Does the issue happen right after opening the tool or when trying to install/download and update?

2.-Create a log file with the Intel® System Support Utility and attach it.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

GabeM
Beginner

Hi Hugo, thank you for replying. I am using a supported browser (Chrome), I am not using any adblocker, and tried uninstalling using the tool and reinstalling the latest version. But unfortunately, the issue has not been fixed yet. To answer your question, the issue does happen right after opening the tool. It will say "Scanning your system" for a few seconds then the message "No configuration data " will appear. I attached a log file from the Intel system support utility. Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello GabeM

Thank you for all the information provided. In this case, based on the log file that you shared with us all the Intel hardware included in this laptop, due to its age, has been discontinued. The hardware will be the following:

Intel® 82577LC Gigabit Ethernet

Intel® Core™ i5-450M Processor

Due to these components being discontinued the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) cannot find drivers for them. More information in the following article:

Common Reasons why the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) isn't Finding your Hardware

We would advise you to download drivers from your manufacturer's website, or you can also contact them and check if they have a proprietary tool to download drivers.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos