Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20660 Discussions

Intel - Extension driver clobbered?

JimKunz
Novice

I'm having trouble on a Lenovo Thinkpad running Windows 10 with my camera not being recognized. Looking at my Windows Update driver history, I see:

On 10/23/2023, Intel - Extension 1.0.8.0 was successfully installed

On 10/24/2023, Intel - Extension 1.0.0.0 was successfully installed (!)

That's about the time my camera stopped being recognized -- by Zoom, Teams, or the Camera app. I also had a BIOS update to 1.42, sometime last week.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the Camera app, and gotten the Camera app to briefly show my smiling face, but then stop working.

I placed a support call to Lenovo, went through the troubleshooting steps, opened up the BIOS utility, did nothing, rebooted, and the camera app briefly worked, until I tried to it in Zoom, then go back to the camera app.

Could the installation of the downgraded version of the Intel - Extension driver be the problem? I definitely have a software issue; I suspect it's a Microsoft update issue.

Jim

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JimKunz
Novice

Sorry if this is a duplicate response. I fixed the problem. I visited pcsupport.lenovo.com, and under Drivers & Software, Manual Driver Update, Software and Utilities, found an update published on 11/1/2023 for Lenovo MCU Firmware Update, version 1.0.8.10. The ReadMe said it fixed a problem where the camera stopped working. I downloaded it, installed it and rebooted a couple times and the problem is fixed.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlHill
Super User

What is your device model number, and what is your processor model number?

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
JimKunz
Novice

I'm using a Lenovo X1 Carbon, Model 21CBCTO1WW, with the 12th Gen Core i7-1270P processor. Xe Graphics w/ driver version 31.0.101.4502.

Jim

0 Kudos
JimKunz
Novice

Sorry if this is a duplicate response. I fixed the problem. I visited pcsupport.lenovo.com, and under Drivers & Software, Manual Driver Update, Software and Utilities, found an update published on 11/1/2023 for Lenovo MCU Firmware Update, version 1.0.8.10. The ReadMe said it fixed a problem where the camera stopped working. I downloaded it, installed it and rebooted a couple times and the problem is fixed.

0 Kudos