Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20644 Discussions

Intel G31/G33 configuration

idata
Employee

Hello,

I have a network of public kiosks all running windows xp pro sp3 and Intel G31/G33; my screens shut down after a certain period of inactivity despite all the options are set to never do it.

I suspect my graphic card to be responsible of this because when I work remotely on this computer (from another computer), this also happen (I mean why would the screen shut down if I am working on the machine? My thinking is maybe if the graphic card is idle for a certain time, it shuts down the screen without considering the Windows options. Is that possible?

My question is: does the Intel G31/G33 has some kind of native, OS-independent "power saving mode" ?

Please consider that I have been trying to fix this for weeks, this is why i'm posting here. All the Power options, screen saver in Windows are set to "Never shut down" , and the screen itself also).

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Have you tried updating latest drivers?

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Graphics&ProductLine=Desktop+graphics+controllers&ProductProduct=Intel%C2%AE+G31+Express+Chipset

Did you test the computer with a PCI video card or PCI Express?

If this issue does not happen when using graphics cards, this means that there is something wrong with your onboard graphics. You may want to check your warranty with place of purchase or computer manufacturer.

0 Kudos