Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21227 Discussions

Intel GM945 on Windows 7 - screen distortion (horizontal lines)

idata
Employee

Hi,

after updating my laptop (HP 6310) from XP to Win 7 HP, after some time of usage I started to experience strange screen distortion all over my external monitor. The distortion appears as horizontal lines (ghosts) running all over the screen. It does not occur when only laptop screen is used. I tried installing the latest version of drivers, but this did not help. The LCD screen is Fujitsu-Siemens B20W-5. I have quite similar setup with GM965, Win 7 and the same LCD screen, and there are no problems whatsoever.

Does anyone know, what could be the problem?

Thanks for any answer

Corrected title

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

So, no answers yet, but also no solution for me. I have found one interesting thing, the distortion happen only when the graphics card is set to "External only" mode. When I set up e.g. dualhead with desktop streched to both monitors, there is no distortion.

Sometimes, I can get no distortion even with Laptops LCD screen off, but this lasts only till the screensaver kicks in, or until the monitor goes to sleep. After waking up the distortion is back. Any clues?

idata
Employee

Is it similar to what happens here http://communities.intel.com/thread/13842 ?

Have you found a solution?

0 Kudos