Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20620 Discussions

Intel Graphic 4000 fails on Windows 10 1809 update Error 48

MJehl
Beginner

Hi

Is there in the mean time a solution ready for that update? I tried all as I have found in the forum here but still get the Error 48!

Any suggestions welcome

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

Full Error Message

The software for this device has been blocked from starting because it is known to have problems with Windows. Contact the hardware vendor for a new driver. (Code 48)

Recommended Resolution

Contact the manufacturer of your hardware device to obtain the latest version or the updated driver. Then, install it on your computer.

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/310123/error-codes-in-device-manager-in-windows

0 Kudos
MJehl
Beginner

Vendor of the device is: Intel - NUC DC53427HYE! 🙂

I tried the last updated driver from the Intel page! No possibility to solve the problem...

0 Kudos
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II
0 Kudos
MJehl
Beginner

Already tried - fails!

But finally I do not understand the reason who and why it is blocking…

Finally it can't be the solution updating a device only based on such a reason - because it is pressure to customers to update from Microsoft and Intel 🙂

Windows is not possible to stay on earlier versions or blocking to update to newer versions!

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Your NUC is from 2013 and was long ago discontinued. No effort is being put into adding features (such as new Windows O/S versions) for discontinued boards/kits. The last supported Windows version on this NUC is (and will remain) Windows 8.1. If you are using Windows 10, then you are on your own; it isn't supported.

Sorry, but this is reality.

...S

0 Kudos