When installing the new "Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows* [15.40]" (Version 18.104.22.16871, MD5: a36f0588f57758bc3d5fa9d8cb88434b), it goes into an installation loop where it keeps trying to install the driver again after the machine is restarted.
1) Run the "win64_15.40.5171.exe" installer file.
2) Follow the prompts in the installer dialogue box to install the driver.
3) When the installer asks to restart the machine, allow it to do so.
4) The machine restarts.
5) The below dialogue box appears again, where the installer tries to install the graphics driver again – even though it should now already be installed.
6) If the above installer dialogue box is cancelled, it then says the following.
The Intel log files are in attached ZIP file.
Windows 10 20H2 (19042.746)
This is a well known problem and is being addressed by a new installer to be released in the near future.
When you get the popup to install again after the restart, just cancel it.
Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)