Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20712 Discussions

Intel Graphics and Media Control Panel now won't recognize three screens

KHatf
Beginner

Recent update to this program recognizes only two monitors. I have three on my HP Envy 17. One is now blank except during Windows startup.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Thanks for joining the Graphics community.

I understand you are experiencing issues with multi-monitor configurations.

I would like to know more about your system configuration, please post the following information:

- What is the processor model?

- Which version of Windows do you have?

- Is your operating system 32- or 64-bit?

- What type of video cables are you using with those monitors?

- Does this problem occur with drivers provided by the board or computer manufacturer?

Thanks

Allan.

0 Kudos
KHatf
Beginner
/?et=watches.email.thread Intel Communities

Intel Graphics and Media Control Panel now won't recognize three screens

created by allan_intel in Graphics - /message/249871# 249871 View the full discussion

Thanks for joining the Graphics community.

I understand you are experiencing issues with multi-monitor configurations.

I would like to know more about your system configuration, please post the following information:

- What is the processor model?

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium

Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601

Other OS Description Not Available

OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Name USER-HP

System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard

System Model HP ENVY 17 Notebook PC

System Type x64-based PC

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz, 2001 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date Hewlett-Packard F.18, 9/27/2011

SMBIOS Version 2.7

Windows Directory C:\Windows

System Directory C:\Windows\system32

Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1

Locale United States

Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"

User Name User-HP\User

Time Zone Eastern Daylight Time

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB

Total Physical Memory 7.95 GB

Available Physical Memory 5.21 GB

Total Virtual Memory 15.9 GB

Available Virtual Memory 12.2 GB

Page File Space 7.95 GB

Page File C:\pagefile.sys

- Which version of Windows do you have?

- Is your operating system 32- or 64-bit?

- What type of video cables are you using with those monitors?

HDMI for sure and CGI? The program recognizes the monitors, but only gives me the UI to configure any two of the three:

- Does this problem occur with drivers provided by the board or computer manufacturer?

The problem did not occur until what I guess was a recent update to the Intel Graphics and Media Control Panel program replaced/changed the behavior of the Radeon Graphics Catalyst Control Center program. The Radeon program is still present, but no longer has links to manage desktops. The laptop comes with support for three monitors, but Micro Center had to work on it some to get the three to play. I don't know if they installed new drivers.

Not sure how to include screenshots here. The Intel Multiple Displays screen offers only two buttons (1 and 2) for configuring monitors. The drop down menus for the two allow me to configure any two of the three devices, but not all three.

<span style="font-family: 'Helvetica'...

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Thanks for the information.

Based on the system configuration, you are currently running an Intel® HD Graphics 3000 with processor model i7-2630QM, this is second generation processor.

According to the graphics specifications, it does not handle three monitor configurations; this type of support is available from 3rd and 4th generation processors and above.

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-033714.htm Graphics Drivers — Configuration 3-Displays FAQ

If you were able to configure 3 monitors previously, this means your system is running switchable graphics, then you will need to perform steps below:

-Download customized video drivers from your system manufacturer.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?cc=us&lc=en&product=4229850 Software & driver downloads HP ENVY 17-1011nr Notebook PC | HP® Support

- Uninstall any Intel graphics driver from Control Panel as well as ATI driver.

- Install downloaded drivers.

- Check with your computer manufacturer for any Third Party tool that controls Intel and ATI graphics that may help you configure three monitors.

- If latest video drivers from HP did not help, please try downloading earlier versions.

Allan.

0 Kudos