Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20759 ディスカッション

Intel HD 4000 Graphics (i7-3770K) occasional flicker

idata
従業員
59,620件の閲覧回数

I have an i7-3770K on an Asus P8Z77-V PRO and am using the on-board Intel HD 4000 Graphics to drive two displays.

My displays are a Dell 3008WFP at 2560x1600 on DisplayPort, and a Dell 2407WFPHC at 1200x1920 (rotated 90 degrees to portrait) on DVI.

Running the latest drivers (8.15.10.2761) on Windows 7 Ultimate N x64.

32GB memory, water cooling, Intel 240GB SATA3 SSD and a 750W Corsair PSU round out the box.

When working (writing code, web surfing, watching video) on the machine, the video will quickly cut out on one monitor or the other and then come back. The 24" Dell on DVI handles this [in a small fraction of a second] like a champ and I hardly notice. The Dell 30" looses the signal, goes blank and then takes a couple seconds to reacquire the signal before showing the desktop again... it's REALLY annoying!!

Anyone seen something like this before, or have ideas?

I've changed the DisplayPort & DVI cables, tried a different motherboard of the same model, tried a motherboard from a different manufacturer (Gigabyte), hooked it up to a Dell 3011WFP (which re-acquires the signal much faster than the 3008WFP btw), reset monitors to factory defaults, and installed the latest drivers. To no avail.

Help?!?

1 解決策
ROBERT_U_Intel
従業員
43,403件の閲覧回数

Hi All

This issue is a BIOS issue specifically with the Memory Reference Code (MRC) version 1.4.0.0 or older. Please contact your system or motherboard manufacturer for a system BIOS update for your system or motherboard that includes MRC 1.5.0.0 or newer.

If you have a system with 2 or more memory modules and are comfortable with removing all but one of them so that your memory is in single channel mode, try and remove all but one of them and the issue will go away. This can be used as a workaround until you are able to update your system BIOS from your system or motherboard manufacturer that includes MRC 1.5.0.0 or newer.

元の投稿で解決策を見る

129 返答(返信)
rjal
新規コントリビューター I
5,514件の閲覧回数

Hi Frojo thanks !.

your report is the same as mine.

This is what i do not understand: they sold these dimms as 1600MHz, which they apparently can do with overclocked parameters, but they are actually certified as 1333. i call that false marketing....

MSchm21
高評価コントリビューター I
5,514件の閲覧回数

It looks correct to me. This is DDR3-1600 memory. SPD is programmed with 1333 but your memory supports 1600 over XMP. Here is your RAM: http://www.corsair.com/dominator-with-dhx-pro-connector-1-5v-32gb-dual-channel-ddr3-memory-kit-cmp32gx3m4x1600c10.html http://www.corsair.com/dominator-with-dhx-pro-connector-1-5v-32gb-dual-channel-ddr3-memory-kit-cmp32gx3m4x1600c10.html

If you can't run XMP 1600 then it's more likely a Bios issue. What Mainboard do you have?

rjal
新規コントリビューター I
5,514件の閲覧回数

Hi Yups,

I have the Intel DZ77BH-55K. i do not agree that this kit should be sold as 1600Mhz. it is 1600MHz capable but not guaranteed. if it was they should set that in the max bandwidth, they don't so apparently it did not pass the jedec spec for that speed. xmp is just an extension that allows the dimms to pass along overclock parameters to the bios.

they can mention it's 1600MHz capable but if it does not pass the official tests it is not, it is 1333MHz certified then. I have tried other dimms that report they are 1600MHz certified, cheap whitelabel stuff, nothing like the expensive corsair dimms and they just work (@1600), no issues. So the board does work properly @1600.

thanks,

Robert.

MSchm21
高評価コントリビューター I
5,513件の閲覧回数

Your RAM fully supports DDR3-1600 and therefore it can be sold as DDR3-1600. If you have issues, either your Board or Bios is flawed or your RAM is broken which is not likely.

rjal
新規コントリビューター I
5,513件の閲覧回数

if it does it should state that in the spd parameters and not only in the extended block.

however this thread is about the Igfx not the performance of the dimms used. Let's agree to disagree and leave it at that.

Thanks,

Robert.

plee21
高評価コントリビューター I
5,513件の閲覧回数

robertjal wrote:

Hi Yups,

I have the Intel DZ77BH-55K. i do not agree that this kit should be sold as 1600Mhz. it is 1600MHz capable but not guaranteed. if it was they should set that in the max bandwidth, they don't so apparently it did not pass the jedec spec for that speed. xmp is just an extension that allows the dimms to pass along overclock parameters to the bios.

they can mention it's 1600MHz capable but if it does not pass the official tests it is not, it is 1333MHz certified then. I have tried other dimms that report they are 1600MHz certified, cheap whitelabel stuff, nothing like the expensive corsair dimms and they just work (@1600), no issues. So the board does work properly @1600.

thanks,

Robert.

Hi

This link gives some background informationhttp://forum-en.msi.com/faq/article/ddr3-memory-standards-blurry-lines http://forum-en.msi.com/faq/article/ddr3-memory-standards-blurry-lines

Regards

Phil

idata
従業員
5,513件の閲覧回数

Just bought a top of the line Dell XPS One 27'' with i7-3770S and 16GB 1600MHz RAM

Internal monitor 27'' at 2560x1440 and

Older HP monitor 24'' at 1920x1200 hooked up via HDMI

I have Intel HD Graphics 4000 and Nividia GeForce GT 640M and am having this issue where the internal monitor goes blank black for a few seconds about every 30 seconds and on occasion the external is doing it as well. Removing the secondary/external monitor solves the issue but my 3 year old Core 2 Duo computer had no issue driving two monitors.

idata
従業員
5,513件の閲覧回数

Hey Russell,

I just bought the same setup, and funny enough, have the same problem. I am about to send it back. A real shame, I remember when intel built good stuff.

Thanks for posting, now I know I am not losing my mind.

R

idata
従業員
5,513件の閲覧回数

I'm not sure if it's an Intel problem or Dell, I think it's a Dell issue.

Read this (the comments too)

http://www.theverge.com/2012/6/29/3126646/a-single-dell-xps-14-drives-a-technology-reviewer-crazy A single Dell XPS 14 drives a technology reviewer crazy | The Verge

idata
従業員
5,513件の閲覧回数

So here are some interesting facts on my system:

I am running a second monitor at 2560x1440 along with the 2710 at 2560x1440. This setup causes great pain and suffering because of the screen blanking out so frequently. I tried ThrottleStop beta and noticed a spike in the C0% before each drop out then immediately after the screen returns it goes to near 0. The spike can get as high as 20.0. I figured for fun I would try adjusting the 2710 display resolution to 1920x1080 and everything has been stable since. Mind you that is only a few hours at this point, but still. I am quite certain this is a driver issue since it is limited to higher resolutions only. I am still angry about this since the reason I bought the machine was the higher resolution display. I will call Dell to register yet another complaint to see if they can put pressure on whoever to fix this.

Thought I would share.

idata
従業員
5,513件の閲覧回数

I've had similar experience, where my high-res 27" (Dell U2711 @ 2560x1440) blacks out quite often now (sometimes every few minutes). This is in contrast with my 24" (Dell U2410 @ 1920x1080) where it's only blanked out once or twice.

There definitely seems to be something with the higher resolution that instigates the behavior.

idata
従業員
5,511件の閲覧回数

I'm not sure how that Verge thread sheds much light on the issues we're having here. I'm running a Lenovo ThinkPad laptop and other folks have built their own systems, so I'm not sure how it would be a Dell issue. A lot of us are using Dell monitors, I have had no issues whatsoever with mine prior to this new system with the Intel HD4000 graphics. Also, another person here has mentioned similar issues when using an HP external display so the only thing we have in common here is the Intel HD 4000 graphics, and multiple displays (at least one of which is high-resolution).

idata
従業員
5,514件の閲覧回数

I got me an i7 3770 and after installing the latest driver, either randomly or watching a video my whole system just shuts down without a BSOD and then restarts by itself. Upon unisntalling the Intel HD4000 driver, no such crashes ever occurred again. The same videos do not cause any shut downs, but it isn't playing smoothly since I jaut have the standard VGA driver installed instead of the Intel HD4000.

Hope the next driver update will come out soon and have a remedy to this and all other issues.

idata
従業員
5,513件の閲覧回数

I have an i5-3570k, and i am having the same issues. randomly i will lose all display, and it will come back on saying in the notification area: Intel graphics media accelerator drivers have stopped responding and have recovered. if i use windows 7 vanilla drivers, i have no issues. would like the driver to work! no aero and not so smooth graphics sucks, seeing as i just built my system

idata
従業員
5,513件の閲覧回数

I noticed something else while experiencing this problem.

When the screen blacks out and I reset the connection, if there was a window that was set to "full screen" (which on the Dell U2711 is 2560x1440), when it comes back up the window that was set to full screen is now smaller in size (roughly 1600x900px; the resolution of the primary Lenovo screen). The window is still "maximized" and to get it back to full resolution I have to "restore down" then "maximize" the window again.

This might not be news; but I thought I'd offer this up to the Intel engineering team as they troubleshoot. Whatever is happening during that process is forcing the windows down to fit into the 1600x900 screen resolution, which in my case is the resolution of the integrated ThinkPad display (which continues working throughout the external screen blackout).

idata
従業員
5,511件の閲覧回数

Hello everyone

I am also running HD 4000 with a 3770S with the latest intel drivers on a P8Z77V motherboard and am having occasionnally fatal crashes with a patchwork of red motives over my windows screen, and the computer freezes. I can only push reset button to restart it all. It has already happened two times while only using the web browser (IE9).

I will try to reinstall my old Geforce 9800GT to see if it solves the problem but would really like to be able to use my onboard graphics (I fear the noise of the graphics card fan).

(I have been using my two corsair DDR3 XMS9 rams for several years without having a single problem on my former P6TSE with core I7 950).

idata
従業員
5,511件の閲覧回数

Ya, me too. I have three machines that I just bought for my company. I paid extra for the high resolution because we do a lot with CAD and other design work. If Intel cant at least let me(us) know the plan for correcting their issue, I feel like I need to reward a different company with my business.

I have a lot of swaying power with my clients, some of whom are fortune 50, and while I have yet to mention this issue to them, I am compelled to tell them about these issues which will certainly cause them to rethink their strategy. Mistakes are part of life, and releasing a driver without fully testing it is a mistake. However, ignoring the people who paid good money for the product is egregious. My clients pay for products that are supported and stood behind. A question to Intel is would you consider this standing behind your product? I need to understand where this stands by Friday or the machines go back and my by recommendation to my client changes to a non-intel solution.

idata
従業員
5,511件の閲覧回数

I have a Z68A-GD65 G3 with i7 3770k... My cooler is an Coolmaster Hyper N520

I'm using the IGP HD4000 and i have the same problem...

Intel accelerator is crashing/recovering all the time...

To read 1 email on hotmail this morning I got 8 crash of intel accelerator.

Youtube video won't work every 10 seconds it's flicker

Game Diablo 3 is crashing...

Sometime it's fine but it won't last long problem come again.

Facebook it's worse than my email, to change my picture i got 15-20 flicker.. intel accelerator has crashed and recovered...

My little laptop atom n570 is better than that i7 3770k....

I made little test :

Changing memory speed from 1600 mhz to 1333 mhz (crash again)

Disabling turbo boost technology : (crash again)

Disabling GPU boost : (crash again)

Ohhh by the way..

My system was running fine with an i7 2600 using the IGP HD 2000

I sold my i7 2600 to one of my friend. My problem came with my new i7 3770k... I also change 2 driver and updated my bios to support ivy.

Here my change :

1) Removing VGA driver

2) Updating bios to support ivy with the latest version

3) Removing i7 2600 and installing i7 3770k

4) Installing new VGA driver ( 2761 ) and latest intel ME 8

(All those driver are from the Intel web site)

5) Crash occur

idata
従業員
5,511件の閲覧回数

@Rob we are all frustrated.

Intel knows it.

They are also aware that they have fallen short of their goal to provide a quality experience.

Expecting Intel to admit these things will set you up for disappointment. In most cases, Corporate America has grown too liability-conscious to provide a quality Support experience. It's sad.

If you need immediate action, just sue them. That's the game they're playing. You've got enough for a class-action right here. A simple demand letter is probably the right place to start.

While we are waiting for Intel to prioritize this issue, I still hope to find a workaround that will help with the user-pain. Keeping this thread constructive gives us the best chance to do that. if we're not doing all we can for ourselves, Intel will get the idea it's not important.

Thanks everyone.

idata
従業員
5,505件の閲覧回数
idata
従業員
5,505件の閲覧回数

Yes, you are correct. I am frustrated. To be clear about one thing though, I am not looking for anyone to admit a mistake. The communication that I am interested in is merely acknowledging that they have heard us. Is there a plan of action? If so, what is that? How about a beta driver eta? Is there anyone home at Intel? I made my living for a while as the Director of Platform Services. When we let down our user community, which wasn't often, we immediately reached out to that community with transparency of action. We stated our intentions with estimates and a course of action. When things changed, we would let the users know this date slipped or that issue wont be fixed yet. This black hole approach of Intel's is totally amateurish and makes me wonder if the support head needs to be schooled on good communication and winning over the community they jaded.

返信