Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20716 Discussions

Intel HD 4000 and FFXI

idata
Employee

Hello,

after installing the drivers update through windows update and successively through the intel site (9.17.10.2875) using the driver update utility the game fonts were pixelated and the characters were not visible anymore.

Had to revert to v8 (8.15.10.2761) drivers.

CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K

0 Kudos
55 Replies
idata
Employee

hello, I am having issues with final fantasy 11 using the

gigabyte ga-h61m-ds2h 1155 with intel hd 2000

I also tried to install a geforce gtx 8600 gts but nvidia, pc wizard and going through my pc display nothing shows it is even connected, I have taken the computer apart several times and put it back together, I know it has nothing to do with lose connections at this time and I know the gtx 8600 gts works because I placed it into another computer to see if it was working and it is.

I have seen in several places that you can roll back the driver for a temp fix with ffxi, but I can not find the driver 8.15.10.2761 for windows 7 ultimate 64 bit system that is designed for my motherboard.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Having same issue on my i7 4000 hd for windows 8 64 bit.. Is there any temp fix for it for windows 8?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Bumping as I am about to buy a computer and this is a deal breaker for me, my wife and three friends all buying new computers

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

ffxifan,

at the current rate I would NOT suggest buying an intel if this is a deal breaker for you, I still have my warranty and I am packing mine up to send in now, this question has been on their website now for 5 months and they have yet to provide us with and answer or a fix.

FFXI is a 10 year old game that has not changed their game engine once the entire time. As to why intel cannot figure out a patch or a fix for this in a 5 month period nobody knows. As far as I know SE and Intel seem to be blaming each other and nothing is getting fixed, this is the very reason I will be switching to AMD again as well as posting on ffxiah.com about the 5 month long wait for no answer to this question. I am sure if their market plummets due to several thousand screaming ffxi fans I bet they will come to a patch finally. unfortunately I believe it will be too late for them.

In conclusion, better off with an over clocked foxconn, (risking fried mobo) than dealing with a company that doesn't care about their customers.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

It would be nice to see if there has been any progress towards a fix for this. It does get annoying having the workaround drive crash from time to time.

0 Kudos
NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

A fix exists, we're just waiting on the release of the driver to get you guys going again . I can't give an ETA, but I'll be posting in this head the second it happens.

Thanks again for your continued patience!

-Nic

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

does this fix also include the intel hd 2000? I know it is older but it is all i have at the moment as for as intel, if the fix doesn't include the hd 2000, I will personally return the intel mobo and go back to AMD, there is not point in all this hassle and the secretive release day sometime in the future doesn't help my desire for intel products, this is my first intel product I have paid for and I have yet to be impressed with not only the product but the service as well. if I have to wait for a month for for a fix that is already there I can return the intel and get amd running in a fraction of the time.

0 Kudos
NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

I'm unaware if this issue is resolved with the latest Intel® HD Graphics 3000/2000 driver. The original submission was for HD 4000 - and currently that is the one I'm familiar with being fixed.

However, according to the OP, using this driver; http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=20758&keyword=2761&DownloadType=Drivers&lang=eng Download Center (don't mind the fact that it says for Windows* Vista, it works for Win7/8 as well) for HD 3000/2000 missing-model issues worked. That being said, I will make sure that our engineering department if aware that this issue occurs on 2nd Gen as well.

Thank you for your feedback,

-Nic

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I have used that driver and the issue was not resolved

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

okey, I hope they fix it soon, I have a brand new i5 3570K with an Intel Graphics HD 4000 and CANT run any game (max payne 3 couldn't run but intro animation..then I pressed play new game and it frezzed up ----and in Bioshock I got same problem...like it overheats or can handle too much procesing (though I don't know nothing about how graphics card work)...everytime something in 3d appears it crashes...and have to press power button 7 seconds to restart my pc again... and well thats the story come on support guys work on this....

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I DONT KNOW IF I AM IGNORANT BUT IT SEEMS LIKE IT DOESNT UPDATE THE DRIVERS...THATS WHY THE OLD ERROR NEVER GOT SOLVE...CAUSE IT DIDN'T UPDATE...JUST SAYING MAYBE I'M WRONG....HERE'S THE PROVE

Also I have another problem, i can't uninstall my intel drivers..don't know what happens but when I try to reinstall the latest version of drivers it crashes..and have to press power button...

SORRY FOR NOT CREATING A NEW POST but i dunno where button is found....

Hope this night has worth it...

*updates* yes it is in spanish.....

0 Kudos
NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

Hi edmundo,

The file you have circled on the left is the installation file for the driver. It corresponds to the driver you have circled in your system settings - win64_152812.exe is the installer for driver version .2932.

As far as uninstalling your drivers goes, go to your Device Manager, select your display adapter (Intel®) and right click -> Uninstall (delete old driver files if prompted). This will remove the driver and its associated files, and put your system back to the default Microsoft* in-box drivers.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Count me on this list as well for an updated drive, ffxi just came out with an expansion, and the latest driver is bugged, I downloaded the old drive, but it does not let me do lcd expansion like the new driver did.

0 Kudos
NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

Greetings everyone! I have good news. If you are an HD 4000 user still experiencing the issues with FFXI* - please refer to the following link for the latest driver information; /docs/DOC-19855 http://communities.intel.com/docs/DOC-19855

The new driver is out, and you should be fixed. Feel free to continue discussion in this thread or the one I posted above if the issue for some reason isn't resolved.

Thanks,

-Nic

0 Kudos
MPukr
Beginner

Hi Nic,

thanks for the info. I have exactly the same issue, but I have a second generation i5 processor with a HD3000 GPU. Is there an updated driver with a fix on the way? Because the current driver won't show any characters in FF XI.

Thanks for all support in advance.

Kind regards,

Marcus

0 Kudos
NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

Hi Marcus,

The fix was not included in 2nd Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with HD Graphics 3000/2000. I currently do not know if there will be a fix provided for that CPU at this time. If that changes though, I'll let you know.

Thanks,

-Nic

0 Kudos
MPukr
Beginner

Hi Nic,

thanks for the confirmation.

I really hope this fix will also be included in the next update of the 2nd generation drivers, because FF XI is running fine with constant 30 FPS on an i5 HD 3000 chip. But because of the issue, I couldn't update my drivers for a year now.

I'm sure I'm not the only one with this issue, so maybe other people may drop a line here too.

Kind regards,

Marcus

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

@ Nic thank you for the extremely delayed response about whether or not you see a fix in the works for 2nd gen, I will be shipping my product back to your company.

Thank you for wasting my time and money on your companies product.

I will NOT be buying anything from Intel again, my first experience was a horrible waste of time and money, no wonder people stick to ATI and AMD.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

This is fantastic news. I'm glad to know that our voices were heard and we got an actual response to the problem. It was a long wait, and I finally got around it by just downgrading my drivers to early 2012, but this is the kind of customer support I expect and appreciate.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

i'm experiencing that...I had never ever had problems with my BIOS, my graphic drivers, never ever..in my 15 years of pc gaming and now this...so much waste on play time hahhaa and well and lookin for solutions :s this is not right..i'll go to my pc dealer to return this motherboard..which is a full of intel products...

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Suppose I'll chime in as well.

Fully speccy info:

http://pastebin.com/nSMgk4Bg Speccy - Pastebin.com

Same char model issues as everyone else, character models don't display in FFXI. Oddly enough, they do in the FFXI benchmark so that is kinda weird.

HD3000. I'd personally be happy with even a temp fix but the solutions offered here and in other places don't work. I don't have a wddm 1.2 driver on my laptop and I've tried searching for it and installing but nothing I find works.

Just from reading the thread, I'm doubting a permanent fix is going to happen for the 3000 series. But if there's anything I can assist with, testing or anything let me know.

0 Kudos