Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20709 Discussions

Intel HD 4000 and FFXI

idata
Employee

Hello,

after installing the drivers update through windows update and successively through the intel site (9.17.10.2875) using the driver update utility the game fonts were pixelated and the characters were not visible anymore.

Had to revert to v8 (8.15.10.2761) drivers.

CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K

0 Kudos
55 Replies
MPukr
Beginner

To be honest, I have a hard time in understanding why this bugfix is prohibited to specific series of intel GPUs, because it was introduced for all drivers at the same time.

Even other manufacturers like nvidia or amd does have some kind of a unified driver architecture and they support older models for many many years.

I have bought my computer 1.5 years ago and I already have to beg and hope that drivers for my GPU will still be supported.

Nick, I really hope you can forward that to the development team. Not getting the patch for the HD3000 (and other series) would be nothing else than a great disappointment.

Best regards,

Marcus

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

3000's aren't even outdated. The new ASUS laptop I bought a month ago has one and its one of their newer vivobook models.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I bought a laptop recently with the Intel HD3000 graphics chipset SPECIFICALLY for FFXI. I'm going to return it at the end of the 45 days I have if this doesn't get fixed soon.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Nic,

Are you able to provide a version of these drivers for Windows XP? I need to be running Windows XP

The same issue exist in XP.

Regards,

Hiro

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello everyone,

My question is for the company itself of to anyone that has seen an answer to this question.

I recently bought an intel motherboard on a limited budget, I run windows 7 and like a few others I have issues displaying character models. No due to my limited budget I wasn't able to get the fancy cool product. I ended up with an HD 2000 chipset.

Is there an updated driver or plans to an updated driver for the HD 2000?

0 Kudos
BWyma
Beginner

I have to say that I am pretty disappointed with Intel for the lack of any real solution for intel HD3000 users other than to "use the microsoft canned drivers". I bought my fiance a laptop this last black friday for a holiday gift hoping he could play FFXI with me and explore the new expansion together. He gets so frustrated because windows keeps reverting back to the driver that makes the character models disappear every time he restarts his laptop. I should have waited and saved the money to buy him a real GPU because the driver support for the HD3000 is a joke.

0 Kudos
NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

Hi everyone,

Just a heads up. We are looking into this issue with HD 3000 - and I will let you know what we find.

Thank you for your continued patience,

-Nic

0 Kudos
MPukr
Beginner

Hi Nic,

these are good news, thank you so much!

I think that's how a good support should be - taking user feedback and not just care about the most urgent problems.

Looking forward to a fixed revision.

Best regards,

Skeeve

0 Kudos
NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

A quick inquiry for those still experiencing this issue on HD 3000/2000. What was the last driver version have you used where the game functioned just fine?

Thanks,

-Nic

0 Kudos
MPukr
Beginner

Hi Nic,

the last win 7 driver with full working support for FF XI was: 15.26.12.2761 (May 25, 2012).

Hope that helps,

kind Regards,

Skeeve

0 Kudos
NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

Just an update for everyone, and some good news hopefully for some;

1. I do not have any confirmation on whether or not this issue will be resolved with a future driver yet.

2. We have been able to repost the 2761 drivers so that those of you who are simply in need of a functioning driver have one that you can use. Download links below.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=22926 Win* 7 64-bit

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=22927 Win* 7 32-bit

Link to the official document for this issue is here; http://support.intel.com/support/graphics/intelhdgraphics3000_2000/sb/CS-034406.htm CS-034406

As usual, I will update you when there is more information available.

Thank you for your patience,

-Nic

0 Kudos
MPukr
Beginner

Hi Nic,

thanks for the update.

I really still hope for a fix, because the old driver cannot be the answer for the problem. It works with FF XI but at the same time this driver has a lot of issues with more recent games that have been fixed in later revisions.

So, at the moment you have to install the corresponding driver for each application and I hope that's not the way Intel want us to go.

Best Regards,

Marcus

0 Kudos
DKnig2
Beginner

Hi I am a new user here and I registered to ask if the issues with FFXI have been fully resolved? I'm about to buy a laptop with an intel i7-4500u CPU with intel HD 4400 graphics. Is this compatible with FFXI? Thanks!

0 Kudos
NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

Hi everyone,

If you're still watching for a resolution, here it is! We have just released a new driver for HD 3000/2000 (driver version # 3347).

Links for it are here;

32-bit: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23376 Download Center

64-bit: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23377 Download Center

I just tested this myself today, it would appear that the missing character models issue is resolved. If you are still experiencing problems with it after updating your driver, please let me know

Also, the driver links I posted above may not show up yet. It takes a little bit before they show up.

Thanks,

-Nic

0 Kudos