Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20840 Discussions

Intel HD 4000 windows 8/8.1 driver problems

MvanH
Beginner

every time when there is an update for the Intel HD 4000 driver I have to spend hours and hours to resolve the following problem

When I attach a monitor to my Lenovo Thinkpad T530 as a second screen the display resets 2 times and all the programs that were on the second screen are

then on the main display. Very annoying as the resets can happen in rapid succession. Also I cannot RDP into the laptop anymore as it results in a black screen

only. I then need to try which older driver version will work this time without a problem. Updates are automatically installed through WSUS, so I cannot reject the Intel

HD driver.

Intel when will you come with a driver that works as it should ?

Best,

Martin

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Thanks for joining the graphics community.

I am sorry you have been experiencing issues after video drivers update.

I appreciate your feedback on this matter. I will make sure your comment reaches the proper department for future consideration.

Thank you for taking the time to communicate this issue to us.

Allan.

0 Kudos
YPrat
Beginner

Allan, can you help me with my problem?

My laptop has i5 and HD4000 in it. But it cant play PES 2013

Min requirement for PES 13 is HD3000.

But my system doesnt meet min requirement because:

1. Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 ‎(PS3.0/VS3.0)‎ is unable to play.

2. VRam only 32Mb (min req is 128Mb).

plesase gimme your advice

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Hi Martin

Could you please provide the following information:

What version of Intel HD Graphics driver you are using?

What is the model of your external display and what type of connection do you have to it?

What rev of System BIOS is on your T530?

Also, because your system uses Switchable Graphics, Nvidia/ Intel HD 4000, I strongly recommend you use the graphics drivers supplied by Lenovo. Be sure to install the Intel HD Graphics driver first, reboot, then install the Nvidia Optimus graphics driver. Both can be found at the Lenovo support site here:

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-t-series-laptops/thinkpad-t530 Laptops and netbooks :: ThinkPad T Series laptops :: ThinkPad T530 - Lenovo Support (US)

Thanks

Robert

0 Kudos
MvanH
Beginner

Hi Robert,

the driver version is 10.18.10.3621, the connection is VGA. The monitor model doesn't matter as the problem occurs with every brand, I've tried Acer, HP, Dell.

I'm going to try to install the drivers from Lenovo as in the past the intel drivers failed to install stating the OS is incorrect while this wasn't the case.

Best,

Martin

0 Kudos