Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20649 Discussions

Intel HD 5500 It does not support DirectX 12?

NPres3
Novice

I installed the game Forza Motorsport 6 Apex Beta but when I start saying "Detected unsupported GPU"

I know that this game requires only the DX 12, but the HD 5500 will receive support for DX 12 or not?

0 Kudos
27 Replies
NPres3
Novice

Microsoft lowered the requirements seem unlikely, from the moment this game requires as a fundamental requirement of DirectX 12.

Since the Intel HD 5500 supports DX12 we have to wait that Intel will be able to introduce the function with the next driver, and see if the game starts.

0 Kudos
NPres3
Novice

Hello, is there any update on the support of DirectX 12 driver in the next?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Nikola87,

I am waiting for an answer from my upper manager. I believe, we will have an answer in 2 or 3 days.

Mike
0 Kudos
NPres3
Novice

Ok I am waiting, thanks

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi All,

This has take me longer than I expected, the answer is the following I have confirmed with my upper level Broadwell processors are not prepare for DirectX12.

Regards,

Mike C
0 Kudos
NPres3
Novice

Hello thanks for the reply is indeed a long time, so then in the future with this graphics card will not be able to play games that take advantage of DX12, well that's too bad, but thank you for the support.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Nikola87,

You are welcome.

Mike C
0 Kudos