Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20735 Discussions

Intel HD Graphics 4000 and The Sims 2

MMISS45
Beginner

Hi!

I have a problem with the game The Sims 2. When I had Windows 8, the game worked fine, but I updated to Windows 8.1 and I had to update the Intel HD Graphics 4000 drivers too because the game didn't work anymore. And now there's a black rectangle under the sims feet:

That black rectangle is supposed to be the shadow. If I set it to "medium", the rectangle goes away, but there's no shadow either.

Any help would be appreciated.

34 Replies
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

In this case please provide the dxdiag report and the graphics report.

How to get it?

Dxdiag Report: Type dxdiag in Start Menu> open> Save> Attach using Advanced Editor Options.

Graphics Report: Right click on desktop> Graphics Properties> Options> Drop Down Menu> Information Center> Save> Attach using Advanced Editor Options.

Please make sure you have the latest patch for the game. If so, let me know the version.

Kevin M

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

All,

We have replicated the Sims 2 issue you describe and are currently working to resolve it. Please watch this thread for updates.

Thanks

Robert

0 Kudos
LKegg
Beginner

Hi Kevin,

DXDiag Report:

Thanks

Taper

0 Kudos
H_
Beginner

I've got a Sony VAIO SVF1521G6E.

Right click on the shortcut > Run with graphics processor > High Performance NVIDIA processor. I know this will not solve the problem, but I hope that my answer helps someone.

ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Hi All

We are currently debugging this issue and are working towards a resolution for it. Please watch this thread for updates.

Thanks

Robert

0 Kudos
LKegg
Beginner
0 Kudos
LKegg
Beginner

Doesnt work.. Some Bug again.

My friend has an HD 4000 and it works without any problems.

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

We are working towards a solution. In the meantime can you try the driver version your friend is using?

Kevin M

0 Kudos
MattMski
Beginner

SA-MP just released an update today which i have confirmed fixes the problem so yay!

http://forum.sa-mp.com/showthread.php?t=544585 http://forum.sa-mp.com/showthread.php?t=544585

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

It is good to know is working now for you. Thank you for sharing your feedback.

Kevin M

0 Kudos
MattMski
Beginner

yea they somehow fixed it when u install the multiplayer mod so yea

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

All

These issues have been resolved in the latest drivers. Please see the threads in the Featured Content section for links to the latest drivers in Intel Download Center .

-NEW- Intel® Iris™ and HD Graphics Driver update posted for Haswell and Broadwell version 15.36.14.4080

/thread/58966 -New-Intel® HD Graphics Driver posted for Ivybridge and Baytrail version 15.33.32.4061

Thanks

Robert

DRibe2
Beginner

Hi

It still doesn't work for me. When I play The Sims 2 there aren't just black squares under the sims feet. When I move the camera it flickers, the walls disappear and appear again in a second, it's annoying, and when I go to the build mode when I move an object usually the walls and almost everything disappears excepts the foundation of the lots.

I've updated my Intel Graphics 4000 driver and I've checked if my BIOS were up to date and they were, but nothing seems to fix it what can I do?:

Thank you

0 Kudos