Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20597 Discussions

Intel HD Graphics 530 Sleep Screen Lines

ASchr8
Beginner

Hi all!

Having an issue with an HP all-in-one computer running Windows 10 with an i3-6100T processor using Intel(R) HD Graphics 530.

What is happening is when I put the computer to sleep, when it wakes up I am seeing crazy lines and the mouse is blocked out. As far as I can tell the computer still functions (I was able to type in my password and music resumed when I logged in). The weird block is the mouse.

Seems to be happening to many people, however driver roll backs do not seem to be helping.

Thanks in advance!

AD
0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello AD4,

Thank you for contacting Intel Support,

I understand that you are having problems when waking up your computer from sleep as it shows lines across the screen and the mouse blocks, I apologize for any inconvenience this may be causing.

To better assist you with your request, I will need to check some information about your computer. Please follow these steps:

1. In the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R.

2. In the Run box please type dxdiag and hit Enter.

3. Click on Save All Information (save it in your desktop).

4. Attach to this thread the report.

To attach a file, you must click "Use advanced editor" in the top right and then click the "Attach" option on the bottom right hand the response box.

Once we have this information we will be able to look for a solution.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
ASchr8
Beginner

Hello! Sorry for the late reply, I updated to the most recent driver again and then ran the dxdiag.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello AD4,

I am following-up with your case and I see that we have not heard back from you,

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Were you able to solve your issue?

Do not hesitate to reply to this for further help!

Regards,

David V
JJohn531
Beginner

Hello,

I'm having this exact same problem with the exact same setup as OP - should I open a new thread or can we use this one?

Thanks!

- JJ

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hello everyone,

Please refer to this article: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000026028/graphics-drivers/graphics-for-7th-generation-intel-processors.html White screen with stripes after resuming from sleep (S3)

This issue has been fixed already, just make sure you have graphics driver https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27355 15.60.01.4877 or newer installed. (Tip: look for the last 4 digits, if it is higher than 4877 then it has the fix already).

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

0 Kudos
JJohn531
Beginner

Hi Ronald,

Thanks for the information, but after a bit more research it looks like HP actually wants us to uninstall the latest driver we got from Windows Update and rollback to an older build:

DESCRIPTION

The computer does not wake from Sleep mode. This occurs after installing the Intel Graphics Driver v22.20.16.4771 from Windows Update.

RESOLUTION

To resolve this issue, perform the following the steps:

1. Uninstall the Intel graphic driver, v22.20.16.4771 driver manually.
  2. Download and install the following SoftPaq to update the Intel graphic driver to v21.20.16.4639.

I've confirmed that my PC comes out of sleep just fine with the older driver. https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05841602 More details here - hopefully they will have an updated driver for us soon.

*edit* - I did try installing the latest driver you mentioned Ron, but I got errors telling me that it couldn't install because I had custom OEM drivers, etc, etc.

Thanks!

- Jim

0 Kudos