Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20628 Discussions

Intel® HD Graphics 530 doesn't work with a secondary screen after update

LJP1
Beginner

It was working well some weeks ago but after an update doesn't work anymore.

Some Facts:

If the Intel 530 screen adapter driver is disabled then the secondary screen works well but all my applications (ie. office) become extremy slow.

If I reconnect the adapter back the the applications works well but the secondary screen blacks out and continues on and off all the time.

If I re-install the old version of Intel® HD Graphics 530 I used to have in the past (the one that worked well...) now it doesn´t work anymore !!!! 

Relevant hard data:

LJP1_0-1668177343656.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
LJP1
Beginner

I have installed the original driver of the laptop (found in Asus website, 2016...) and now it works perfectly well.

Unfortunately, I discovered the following day that Intel software in my laptop automatically updates the driver (once again...) to the last version available causing the issue to come back.

I have unistalled the software to prevent further automatic updates and the problem is now fixed (hope so).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User
Since this is a laptop or an AIO, you should be running only the graphics driver packages provided (and validated) by your vendor. The graphics driver packages are often modified by the vendor to support the dual-graphics feature and possibly to implement other custom features of the design. By upgrading the graphics drivers, you would have wiped out these customizations, eliminating the custom features and possibly creating instability.
In oder to revert to the vendor-provided drivers, you need to manually uninstall the newer drivers you installed, reboot and then install the vendor-supplied driver package.
Hope this helps,
...S
0 Kudos
LJP1
Beginner

I have installed the original driver of the laptop (found in Asus website, 2016...) and now it works perfectly well.

Unfortunately, I discovered the following day that Intel software in my laptop automatically updates the driver (once again...) to the last version available causing the issue to come back.

I have unistalled the software to prevent further automatic updates and the problem is now fixed (hope so).

0 Kudos