Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20635 Discussions

Intel HD Graphics 530 driver causing screen flickering

INajj
Novice

Dear Intel Support Team,

I have recently purchased a new laptop, a custom built https://www.bto.eu/bto-x-book-15cl73.html# product-specs X BOOK.

The laptop is fitted with an Intel Core i7-6700HQ quad-core and a GeForce GTX 960M 2GB.

The graphics adapter is an Intel® HD Graphics 530.

The operating system is a Windows 10 Pro 64 bits.

I have a flickering screen problem that is very annoying, the screen keeps flashing on and off, even sometimes showing thin green horizontal lines and this doesn't

go away with a restart or a shutdown.

I disabled the adapter and everything worked fine.

I have the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25484/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-10-15-40- latest version of the driver for the 64 bit CPU architecture.

One thing worth mentioning, is that I didn't have the problem until I installed Visual Studio 2015 !!

I reset my operating system and everything was fine until I installed Visual Studio 2015 again.

Kindest Regards,

Ibrahim Najjar

109 Replies
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Hello all,

There is a new driver version available https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25620/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-10-15-40-6th-Gen- Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 7/8.1/10* [15.40 6th Gen], please give it a try.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

not able to install it. says OS not supported even though i have win 10.

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

@SJ_Decode, I have sent you a private message.

0 Kudos
LShie
Beginner

I tried the update and I'm getting a popup that says "The driver being installed is not validated for this computer. Please obtain the appropriate driver from the computer manufacturer. Setup will exit."

0 Kudos
LShie
Beginner

I have Intel HD Graphic 520

OP- Windows 10

processor- Intel Core i5 6200u @ 2.30GHz (4 CPUs) ~2.4GHz

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

BrandonDavis, that message indicates that your computer manufacturer does not allow the installation of generic Intel video drives. You are required to install drivers from your computer manufacturer, however, you may try forcing the installation of Intel generic drivers by performing manual procedure, see here for instructions: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005629.html How to Manually Install a Driver in Microsoft Windows 8* or Windows... these instructions should work OK on Windows® 10.

Regards,

0 Kudos
mnoor2
Beginner

Hello

I did upgrade the newest display driver for hd530 version 20.19.15.4352 but once in a while the display flickers.

What can I more do? my lenovo 17 inch notebook Y700 is one day old. i7 skylake-16gb - nvidia geforce GTX950 ssd and hdd Windows10 -64bit

Is it a hardware problem or is it the driver?

Please help

thanks

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Have you tried to contact your computer manufacturer? If this a new computer I would recommend to contact them in order to obtain more feedback since it is possible that your computer requires a customized driver that should be provided by Lenovo.

Regards,

0 Kudos
LShie
Beginner

I tried to manually install and it will not install. When i went to update the driver through Device Manager, after clicking browse and find the folder the new driver is in.. popup says "You have the latest driver for your computer"

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

BrandonDavis and @beyond_itsupport I have sent you a private message.

Regards,

0 Kudos
CBran4
Beginner

Amy, I'm having the same problem also with the 20.19.15.4352 driver. Is there a trick to getting the 15.40.14.4352 driver to install? Is that driver any different than the 20.19.15.4352 driver?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
mnoor2
Beginner

The advice from lenovo is the driver ending on 26, not ending on 52.

Now i have this driver it is almost good, but once in a while a flickering line so quick.... not well so waiting for another update from Intel. because it is the driver in combination of the hardware

0 Kudos
INajj
Novice

Hi Amy_Intel,

Actually the machine was more stable ( I had a different problem that didn't happen frequently) after Microsoft released the November 2015 update for me. Unfortunately a couple of days ago another update was released including a new Intel driver. After that the system hangs completely at random times ( this is the problem I mentioned earlier ), and I mean completely hangs (everything freezes) as I can't do anything but use the machine's power button to turn it off and on again.

I noticed in the event viewer ( even before the update ) that I am getting warnings like : "The speed of processor 0 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 1 seconds since the last report."

So I think and this is my analysis and research of the problem that the graphics cards driver or power settings or something is not working well with the system.

I don't have any issues if I disable the driver.

Kindest regards and Thank you for your help

0 Kudos
NClar2
Beginner

Amy, I am also having the same issue as stated in post # 31 i have updated to the new driver and no difference. I was wondering if there has been anymore progress in this matter?

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

There are two driver versions available https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25749/Intel-Beta-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-10-15-40- Download Intel® Beta Graphics Driver for Windows® 7/8.1/10* [15.40] and https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25484/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-10-15-40- Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 7/8.1/10* [15.40] please give them a try. If the issue persists, please create a new thread posting your issue and your system configuration, that way we can isolate each case.

Regards,

0 Kudos
NClar2
Beginner

Category

Questions

Answers (N/A if not applicable)

Description

Provide a detailed description of the issue

video flickering during full screen video playback

Does it fail every single time, or only sometimes?

If you can offer a % rate please do.

100% of the time

Hardware (HW)

Brand and Model of the system.

Dell insperon 7559 signature

Hybrid or switchable graphics system?

ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too?

hybrid: Intel & NVIDIA

Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue (see note2 below). 

LFP = Local Flat Panel (Laptop panel)

EFP = External Flat Panel (Monitor you plug in)

LFP

How much memory [RAM] in the system (see note2 below).

8 GIGS

Provide any other hardware needed to replicate the issue.

ie: Cables&brand, cable type [vga, hdmi, DP, etc], dock, dongles/adapters, etc

nothing, has done this straight out of the box

Hardware Stepping (see note1 below).

<td rowspan="4" style="border: 0px solid black; padding: 0 5.4pt 0 5.4pt; border-righ...
0 Kudos
MW7
Beginner

Can we PLEASE have an update on this issue.. I'm so dissappointed with my product

0 Kudos
MVale6
Beginner

Lets see, the first post of this thread goes back to November 11, 2015. We are about to go into March 2016 and still no resolution. It's amazing that the OEMs that use this product in their systems they sell consumers do not thoroughly test these components. I've spent a good chunk of my money with Lenovo on a system that I think is pretty nice except for this annoying flicker/screen blackout issue related to the Intel HD530 graphics. To me the main interface to my system (screen) is damaged do to poor quality control on the part of the OEMs and Intel. Maybe we consumers need to band together and look into a class action lawsuit against the OEMs and Intel. The product is defective and we paid full price. The OEMs and Intel new this product was defective but still used it. Either Intel/OEMs need to replace the graphics system with something that works or consumers should be able to return their systems for a full refund or exchange for a proven system without graphics issues.

0 Kudos
AVesk
Beginner

I have recently bought HP pavilion ak000nv gaming laptop and all of a sudden not even after a week of my purchase the screen flickers spontaneously and I get the message " Intel(R) HD Graphics for windows 8 has stopped responding and has recovered" . The laptop has embed windows 10 and it uses hybrid graphic system Intel HD 530 and Nvdia 950 GTX. I am thinking of returning it if there is no immediate solution. I do not intend to waste my money over a substandard product.

0 Kudos
MW7
Beginner

I totally agree, I'm not usually one to publicly complain about something but seeing as so many people are affected by it, and intel aren't even communicating with us let alone fixing our problem I think this is something that if it isn't resolved quickly needs to be taken further. I bought mine from a local currys store and since they are much like intel (just wanting to sell and then be done with you) it's unlikely they will give me a refund without a putting up a fight, if at all.

Seems I shelled out a decent chunk of money just to be stressed out.

0 Kudos
AVesk
Beginner

I own this laptop less than a week so they owe to compensate me as warranty still applies. I'll have it returned by tomorrow morning and get a device with no intel in it XD. I don't know about others but I find it extremely humiliating trying to get support over internet for a defective part while they don't answer or give a fuck , like there is nothing else you can do than trying to fix a problem that wasn't yours for a device you spent a good amount of money to get. You can solve the problem otherwise , by spending them somewhere worth spending and not in trash, so I would recommend you do the same if possible.

0 Kudos