Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21299 Discussions

Intel HD Graphics 530 won't recognize native resolution

leotruss
Beginner

I have a 1920 x 1200 native resolution Asus PA248QV monitor that is connected to an integrated Intel HD Graphics 530 card. This resolution was not recognized by the graphic card, and it kept defaulting to 1920 x 1080. There is no option to choose 1920 x 1200 resolution either in the drop-down menu in the Windows Display setting or in the Intel Graphics Command Center.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the driver, but the problem persists. Can this graphic adapter support 1920 x 1200, or is there a problem with my configuration? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
13 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

What driver version are you trying? According to what I can see, you should be using v31.0.101.2115 (available here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/762755/intel-6th-10th-gen-processor-graphics-windows.html).

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
leotruss
Beginner

Thanks, I've updated to the v31.0.101.2115 driver, but it's still not working. Also, I did a clean uninstall and installed the latest version of the driver, thinking the old driver was causing the problem. With graphics and command center's "Scale" function set to "Maintain Display Scaling", I can resize it to full screen. I am not sure if artificially stretching the resolution to fit the screen is the correct approach to resolving this issue. In the display menu, there seems to be no option to choose beyond 1920 x 1080; is this the maximum resolution the graphics card can display? Any further assistance would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Hhmmm, what are you seeing in the EDID data being returned by the monitor? You can use a tool like NirSoft's MonitorInfoView tool (available here: https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/monitor_info_view.html) to display this information.

...S

0 Kudos
leotruss
Beginner

I have attached the detailed report generated by MonitorInfoView for your review (screenshot). Appreciate you taking the time to look at it.

0 Kudos
leotruss
Beginner

Having no luck trying to resolve this resolution problem, is there any Intel staff here who can help? Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Is this perhaps a laptop? There are known cases where attached displays are artificially limited to the same resolution as the embedded display in the laptop.

From here, we will need more information. Please download and run the Intel System Support Utility for Windows. When you start the utility, select Everything and then click on Scan. Once it completes the scan process, click on Next and then Save. Pick a name for the text file to create and click on Save to create it. You can then close the app. Finally, open a response post here and then, using the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach dialog (below the edit box for the body of your response post), upload and attach this text file to the response post.

...S

0 Kudos
leotruss
Beginner

It is a desktop computer with four monitors attached. Three of these monitors are connected to an Nvidia Geforce GT 730 graphic card and had no problems with resolution settings. There is only one monitor connected to the Intel HD Graphics 530, which is 1920 x 1200.

0 Kudos
VWFeature
Beginner

Have you tried the NVIDIA Mosaic utility? You may be able to get them all on the NVIDIA, possibly w a DP/HDMI splitter available on Ebay for ~$8

www  dot  nvidia dot com/en-us/design-visualization/solutions/nvidia-mosaic-technology/

NVIDIA MOSAIC. Whether you want to see your work across multiple displays or project your ideas in 4K, you can with NVIDIA Mosaic ™ multi-display technology. With NVIDIA Mosaic, you can easily span any application across up to 16 high-resolution panels or projectors from a single system, conveniently

I'm no expert, but this seems to have magic powers.
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

So, when I see 1920x1080 being supported at up to 75Hz and the EDID saying that 1920x1200 is (supposed to be) supported at up to 60Hz, it makes me wonder whether the HDMI cable is up to snuff. Do you have another quality HDMi cable that you can try?

I will also ask: has this ever worked?

...S

0 Kudos
leotruss
Beginner

This HDMI cable came with the Asus monitor, so I assume it should work as it showed me a 1920x1200 resolution when I ran it under the Nvidia card. Also, I replaced this cable with the Dell monitor cable (which ran 1920x1200 resolution without problem on Nvidia) on the Intel HD530 graphic card and it's still not displaying 1920x1200 resolution.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Hhmmm, does your motherboard have a DisplayPort or Thunderbolt port? You can use this as an alternative and get away from the crappy HDMI support Intel's older processor provided.

...S

0 Kudos
leotruss
Beginner

In the case of this model (Inspiron 3650) there are only two ports: a HDMI and a VGA. I also used a VGA to HDMI cable but was not able to achieve the desired 1920x1200 resolution. 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello leotruss,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your  

Due to this product being discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, but perhaps fellow community members have the knowledge to jump in and help. You may also find the Discontinued Products website helpful to address your request. Thank you for understanding.  

Discontinued Products: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/discontinued-products.html 

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos