Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20620 Discussions

Intel HD Graphics 5600, Apps made with Qt not responding

ide
Novice

Hello,

I have a problem with my laptop (Intel Core i7-5700HQ with Intel HD Graphics 5600) in which if I use application that use Qt, the application's GUI will stop working after several seconds.

1. VirtualBox
    • I use VirtualBox 5.0.20
    • As you can see in the attachment, after I move my cursor over the menu several seconds the menu will be not displayed sometimes and the blue mark also not there if I hover my cursor over specific menu.
    • If I close VirtualBox and restart again it will not work as the previous process is still not responding in task manager.
    • I've asked support from VirtualBox community and they said that it was Qt issues because VirtualBox use Qt for the GUI and they also said there is a problem with my current graphics driver to communicate with apps that use Qt
    • I've tried to replicate issue in another application that use Qt in which I use Wireshark in this case
  2. Wireshark
    • I use Wireshark 2.0.3 that use Qt 5.3.2
    • As you can see in the attachment, this one is even worse than VirtualBox. After several seconds hovering my cursor accross menu the application is not responding at all and I need to force close via Task Manager

I've tried to replicate issue with my other laptop which has intel HD Graphics 5500 both applications work fine, so my conclusion is something wrong with Intel HD Graphics 5600 itself.

I've tried all driver versions Intel HD Graphics 5600 but it doesn't help at all. Now I use latest beta driver (4444) and the problems still there.

So basically I can't use both applications above at all because it will stop responding after several seconds and it's bothering me because I need both applications for my work.

If you need more data let me know.

Category

Questions

Answers (N/A if not applicable)

Description

Provide a detailed description of the issue

See above

Please place an X to the right of the option showing how often you see this issue using specific steps. (Ex: 'Every few times a game is started it flickers.' <- This would be "Often")<p> 

Always (100%): X

Often (51-99%):

Sporadic (20-50%):

Very Sporadic (<20%):

Hardware (HW)

Brand and Model of the system.

Intel Core i7-5700HQ - Int...

0 Kudos
7 Replies
ide
Novice

Bump.

No answer yet anyone?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, iede:

Thank you for contacting the Intel Communities and for providing us with such detail information about the issue you are encountering with.

I would like to inform you that I will be trying to replicate this on my end in order to further assist you on this matter.

Will keep you posted on my findings.

Regards,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
ide
Novice

Hi EstebanC_Intel,

Any update about this issue? Thanks!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, iede:

The replication of this is in process, I apologize for the delay, but I will keep you updated with the status of this.

Regards,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
ide
Novice

Hi EstebanC_Intel,

Thanks for the information. Recently I've found the problem that it was because of my laptop OEM software. I've uninstalled that software and changed my driver to 15.40.25.4463 and it works good now. No more issues on Qt apps.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

That sounds great iede!

I'm really glad you got this fixed.

I will be setting your last comment as "Correct Answer" to give a clousure to this matter.

If any further support is required, feel free to contact us back (this thread can be used if the same issue is present).

Regards,

Esteban C
0 Kudos