Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21308 Discussions

Intel HD Graphics driver freezing OS at logon?

CHard3
Beginner

I am having a problem with the current release of the Intel HD Graphics 4600 after installing the upgrade (9.18.10.3272 -> 15.33.15.64.3496). The upgrade reported as having installed correctly, but after a warm machine recycle, the machine freezes at the user logon screen. I can logon to the system via the safe mode, but the only way to access the system in normal operation is to do a system restore to a point prior to the install. The system is current with all of the manufactures, Intel, and Microsoft update, except for this update which always fails:

Intel Corporation - Graphics Adapter WDDM1.1, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.2, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.3 - Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600

Installation date: ‎05/‎07/‎2014 12:57

Installation status: Failed

Error details: Code 80070103

Update type: Optional

Intel Corporation Graphics Adapter WDDM1.1, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.2, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.3 software update released in January, 2014

System specs:

CPU : Intel i7/4770K (not oc'ed)

MOBO: ASRock Z87 Extreme4

GRAPHICS: Intel HD Graphics 4600 (connected to monitor), 1 x EVGA GTX660SC - 2GB ( 335.23 used explicitly for CUDA / Open_cl processing)

MONITOR: SAMSUNG SyncMaster S24B240 (1920x1080)

MEMORY: 1600

SSD: 1 for OS, 1 for data)

HDD: Western Digital 320GB

HL-DT-ST BDDVDRW CH10LS20

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

You may want to uninstall the current driver version and remove the third party graphics card before installing the latest version. It might be a good idea to update the BIOS too.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

You may want to uninstall the current driver version and remove the third party graphics card before installing the latest version. It might be a good idea to update the BIOS too.

0 Kudos
CHard3
Beginner

Thank you for you reply. The current BIOS was installed prior to this problem. I followed your suggestion and it did not work the first time. Did a repeat, but recycled after each uninstall and added a step and ran Driver Sweeper 2.9 to remove all references of the NVidia software along with another recycle. Installation of the drivers in the order of Intel then NVidia were successful and the freezing of the OS has not occurred through several recycles. MANY THANKS!!

0 Kudos