Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20597 Discussions

Intel HD4600 (i5-4440 CPU) and Nvidia GTX750Ti drivers

BT_
Beginner

Hello,

I currently only have the integrated GPU in my computer, the Intel HD4600 which is in the i5-4440 CPU, so I have the Intel HD Gprahics driver installed in Win7 x64.

But I am going to add a new discrete GPU - the nvidia GTX750Ti to my motherboard PCIE x16 v3.0 socket. (motherboard is: Asus H97-plus).

Now my first question is: Shoud I remove the Intel HD graphics drivers before installing th nvidia card? If I don't remove the intel drivers will it cause conficts with the nvidia card or is it OK to have both installed?

And my second question: When /if I reinstall Windows, should I even install the Intel HD graphics drivers or just install the discrete GPU drivers?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
IUman
Honored Contributor II

Hello tbalint4,

Thank you for joining the Intel communities.

You don't need to remove the Intel® graphics driver to install the Nvidia card and that will not cause conflict, once you install a video card and you have it up and running the onboard video will be disabled and only the Nvidia card will be active.

If you reinstall Windows you don't need to install the Intel® graphics driver because you will be using the Nvidia card only, but if you decide to install the Intel® graphics driver you will need to install it first before installing the Nvidia card and that will not cause any problems if you have it installed.

Best wishes,

Ivan

View solution in original post

3 Replies
IUman
Honored Contributor II

Hello tbalint4,

Thank you for joining the Intel communities.

You don't need to remove the Intel® graphics driver to install the Nvidia card and that will not cause conflict, once you install a video card and you have it up and running the onboard video will be disabled and only the Nvidia card will be active.

If you reinstall Windows you don't need to install the Intel® graphics driver because you will be using the Nvidia card only, but if you decide to install the Intel® graphics driver you will need to install it first before installing the Nvidia card and that will not cause any problems if you have it installed.

Best wishes,

Ivan

BT_
Beginner

Ok, thanks for the answer.

0 Kudos
IUman
Honored Contributor II

You're very welcome!

0 Kudos