Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20647 Discussions

Intel Iris 5100 driver fail in Windows 10 Creator on mac mini '14

TBarw
Beginner

Hi !

I can't update my windows 10 anniversary (build 1607) to Creator build (1701) on my my mac mini 2014.

Update to Creator build it is impossible with installed video driver, so I uninstall Intell HD Audio & Video drivers.

Then Creators update go to lucky end. But, when I try install fresh Intel drivers, my mac put in BSOD with error:

Stopcode: DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

Source: ACPI.sys

This BSOD get only on mac mini 2014 hw, so I guess this is apple problem, but apple helpdesk directs me to helpdesk microsoft, and helpdesk microsoft to helpdek intel.

That's why I am writing here .

It's serious problem, creator update works fine on my mac but on microsoft default video driver, so I can't play any movie from player or youtoube site .

Please update Iris drivers for mac mini hw !!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Apple has requested that support for hardware and software issues related to their products that you contact them.

Doc

0 Kudos
TBarw
Beginner

Apple is not suitable for intel graphics driver, so i am writing on this forum. If not, I would not do it. Please read comprehension

He already wrote about where I was going to apple helpdesk.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Do not shoot the messenger. Apple has requested that you contact them for support. Also, you can ask Apple why they have made this request.

Doc

0 Kudos
TBarw
Beginner

Look to thread on microsoft forum:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/mac-mini-can-not-upgradeinstall-windows-10-1703/5f79f3af-984e-459e-8d4e-6508292afa57 Mac Mini can not upgrade/install windows 10 1703 due to failed - Microsoft Community

This is problem with Intel drivers, and BTW

only here I am sent back to the apple forum and even the microsoft community does not direct back to the apple just trying to solve the problem. I see, however, that Intel does not feel guilty and that it is all right with the iris 5000/5100 drivers for W10 build 1701 (3).

My post does not reply even to anyone from Intel stuff, so the problem they are not interested.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you very much to Al Hill for the information posted above.

asoka-thano: Thank you very much for joining the Intel® Graphics communities.

Let me apologize for any inconvenience, but in this case in order to get assistance to fix this problem, as mentioned previously, you will need to get in contact with Apple directly, they should be able to further assist you on this regard:

http://www.apple.com/support/macmini/

Any further questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

This issue has been resolved by Apple with the macOS High Sierra 10.13.1 update, currently in beta. Installing this update on the Mac mini late 2014 will provide compatibility with installing the Windows 10 Creator's Update (from a Windows 10 Anniversary Update installation). It does not seem to rely on an Intel Iris Graphics 5000 or 5100 driver update, but will apparently work with the original BootCamp video driver provided by Apple. I have confirmed that there is no issue using the latest Intel Iris Graphics video driver as well.

DEise
Beginner

Thanks Sabgigo,

I was on the phone with Apple senior support Nathan who was directing to call Microsoft even though I had installed OS High Sierra and all the latest updates on Windows 7.

I then saw this and realized that I hadn't updated the most recent update that had come available for High Sierra and I am doing that right now.

I assume based on what you have said that it will work. Looking forward to upgrading to Windows 10. I have the Mac min 2014 late edition.

Thanks,

Donny