Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Novice

Intel Iris Plus Graphics not compatible with Windows Hypervisor Platform

I am only able to run Windows Hypervisor Platform if Intel Iris Plus Graphics is disabled. When I enable the display device my laptop immediately crashes into a BSOD video_tdr_failure.

I have a different laptop running Intel HD Graphics that does not have this problem. It will run the Windows Hypervisor Platform just fine.

Here are the specs for the faulty system.

• Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041
  • x64
  • Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-1065G7 CPU @ 1.30GHz, 1498 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
  • Intel(R) Iris(R) Plus Graphics 27.20.100.8587
  • 16384 MB RAM
  • DirectX 12

Are there any Iris Plus driver versions that are proven to work with the Hypervisor Platform? Please let me know.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
22 Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

Plus 1 for this issue.
Just received a brand new Razer Blade Stealth 13 (2020) , as the previous posters have also done I enabled the "Virtual Machine Platform" feature of Windows10 (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wsl/install-win10#update-to-wsl-2) and after a restart I get a BSOD:

Stop code: VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE
What failed: igdkmdn64.sys

If I go in through safe mode and revert the display driver to Microsoft Basic Display Driver I can at least login but I also seem to lose external display capabilities.

Automatic upgrade of the driver goes back to the same BSOD
Intel Driver and Support Assistant tool installs a driver, which results in the same BSOD.
This is the driver it tries to install: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29808/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers?product=80939 - igfx_win10_100.8587.exe

Highlighted
Beginner

FYI: I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro, enabled the Hyper-V feature (separate to the Windows Hypervisor Platform feature), rebooted and have exactly the same issue.

I'm on the same system as the op too - early 2020 Razer Blade Stealth with the same Intel Iris Plus igpu (but obviously now I'm on Win10 Pro) 

Booted into Safe Mode, disabled the Hyper-V feature, reboot, but still the same problem with the only fix to use the Microsoft Basic driver which doesn't work with multiple screens.

I also tried the beta driver, but still the same problem.

It's impossible to use my laptop with any Hyper-V feature because of this driver issue,

Highlighted
Novice

Updates?

0 Kudos