Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20620 Discussions

Intel Iris Pro 580, Intel Graphics Panel

lEdge
New Contributor I

Strange question.

I am using Media Player Classic Black Edition to watch a video.

The System Default renderer is great. It really shows up giving back a great picture.

I have a list of problems here.

MPC BE x32 1.4.5 as a test subject was used for this representation.

MPC BE 1.5 is the original player and it is much worse when this problem will occur.

I can not get the video frame to scale correctly with the system default renderer. It will mostly get stuck on 16:9 ratio. And anything else will add bad bars to the top and sides. 

I tested this with the other player. And it is better, because it will just mix the ratio by some other form that's next in line.

default is basically uknown

4:3 will show 5:4

5:4 will show 16:9

16:9 will show 2.35:1

2.35:1 will show 1.85:1

and

1.85:1 will show something strange -24:10

I have to guess that the Intel Graphics Panel is the default controller for that video frame. What setting should I change to fix this problem?

4 by 3, shows 5 by 4.jpg

Also the screenshots make no sense when they are all the same dimension.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @lEdge

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to check some details about the system, could you please run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and provide us with the report?

• Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.
  • Once you have saved the file (.txt file), please attach it to your reply.

To upload and attach a file, use the "Drag and drop here or browse files to attach" option below the response textbox.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello lEdge

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you were able to review our previous post.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello lEdge

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos