Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Intel Iris XE graphics issue

rrrobert1
Beginner

I am using the Razer Book 13laptop with Intel Iris XE graphics.

CPU: i5-1135G7

Display adapter Driver Version: 30.0.100.9862

Whenever I open a game that is intensive on the CPU and GPU, the game runs at an extremely low framerate. In the past, games used to run very smoothly, often hitting 100+ fps with performance optimizations (performance battery mode, high cpu priority). Recently, I factory reset my laptop and now it has been giving this issue. I have tried various other driver versions on the intel download center, but they have not worked. The performance issues are random; on one boot the game works fine, on another and it runs at low fps.  Is there a way to resolve this issue?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

rrrobert1, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this matter, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

Is this a new computer?

When did you purchase it?

What is the name of the game?

Was this same game working fine before on this same machine?

When did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes that might cause this problem?

"I factory reset my laptop", you tried that in order to resolve this same problem or it was for a different reason?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello rrrobert1, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello rrrobert1, Since we have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, please post them on a new thread so we can further assist you with this matter.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos