Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20597 Discussions

Intel Iris Xe Graphics Dedicated Video Ram Issue

gbrind
Beginner

Hi guys,

I recently bought the Dell 15 Inspiron 5502, believing it would be suitable enough for my gaming and entertainment needs, as my previous laptop was pushing 7 years old and just working very slowly.

I've found out upon trying to play any game, the dedicated video ram 128MB is too low and is the only limiting factor to playing any game I wanted to e.g. Football Manager. 

Does anybody know how to solve this, please? Would appreciate any feedback and help.

Full PC Specs: Intel Core i5-1135G7 Processor, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD and Intel(R) Iris(R) Xe Graphics.

Cheers,

George

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Forget DEDICATED video memory.  It is legacy and if you have games that still require it, upgrade the game.

Your system will allocate up to 50% of SYSTEM memory for graphics usage.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

0 Kudos
gbrind
Beginner
Hi, thanks for your reply.
My previous laptop, Dell Latitude E5440 had 128MB dedicated video RAM and worked, which is why I don't understand why this doesn't. Apologies, I have very limited knowledge around this subject, as it's the first time I've encountered it.

Sorry, what do you mean by upgrading by the game?
0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

"what do you mean by upgrading by the game? "

Contact the game manufacturer to determine if a newer version of the game exists.

More on graphics memory:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000020962/graphics.html

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

0 Kudos