Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20651 Discussions

Intel Iris Xe Graphics et Minecraft

Springsun
Beginner

Bonjour,

J'ai acheté un nouvel ordinateur portable Asus il y a deux mois. Je constate de nombreux plantages système qui arrivent aléatoirement, écran bleu, freeze, arrêt soudain de l'ordinateur. Seulement quand j'utilise le jeu Minecraft en multijoueur. 

J'ai baissé toutes mes configurations de jeu, mais le problème persiste.

Code BSOD: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT

Je joins le SSU.

Merci pour votre aide.

Ordinateur:

Intel Iris Xe Graphics
Intel Core i5-1240P
16GB RAM
Asus Vivobook R1502ZA

0 Kudos
5 Replies
VonM_Intel

Hi, Springsun.

Thank you for posting in our Community.

Please be informed that I can only support you in English. I have used a web translation tool to translate this response hence, there may be some inaccurate translation.

It's concerning to hear about the frequent system crashes you've been experiencing on your new Asus laptop, particularly during Minecraft multiplayer sessions. The occurrence of blue screens, freezes, and sudden shutdowns suggest a significant issue affecting system stability.

The BSOD code "CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT" indicates a potential problem related to the CPU, particularly concerning timing issues between processor cores or hardware interrupts. This could be triggered by various factors, including software conflicts, driver issues, or hardware malfunctions. After reviewing the SSU report you provided, it appears that the graphics driver installed on your OEM system is the Intel(R) Iris(R) Xe Graphics version, 31.0.101.4255, which is the latest available version. I'm curious if you've attempted to install the latest Intel generic graphics driver directly from Intel's website?

However, it's worth noting that Intel only offers generic versions of Graphics Drivers for general purposes. Computer manufacturers often make alterations, incorporate customizations, or implement other changes to the driver software or software packaging. Consequently, it's advisable to utilize the driver software provided by the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) to mitigate potential installation incompatibilities and ensure your system operates optimally.

Furthermore, I'd like to share you with this article/link titled "Minecraft Windows Edition Crashing Using Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics," which outlines the troubleshooting steps we'll be undertaking.

Looking forward to your response. Have a nice day!

Best regards,

Von M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Springsun
Beginner

Bonjour,

Merci pour votre réponse.

Je n'ai pas essayé d'installer le dernier pilote graphique générique Intel, je n'ai fait aucune manipulation de mise à jour par moi-même, avant de connaître la source du problème.

Donc vous me conseillez de remplacer le pilote OEM par la version générique ?

0 Kudos
NormanS_Intel

Hello Springsun,

We value your feedback and in order to further diagnose the issue, it is advised to update to the generic version of the graphics driver. This step is crucial for pinpointing the specific problem. Additionally, it is important to ensure a clean installation of the graphics driver is performed prior to installing version 31.0.101.5382.

Furthermore, I suggest utilizing the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool (Intel® PDT) to verify the proper functioning of your processor with integrated graphics. Also, we would greatly appreciate it if you could inform us of the results following these actions.

Best regards,

Norman S.

Intel Customer Support Engineer

0 Kudos
NormanS_Intel

Hello Springsun,

I wanted to check if you had the chance to review the recommendations I posted. Please let me know at your earliest convenience so that we can determine the best course of action to resolve this matter. 

Best regards,

Norman S.

0 Kudos
NormanS_Intel

Hello Springsun,

I have not heard back from you so I will close this inquiry now. If you need further assistance, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Norman S.

0 Kudos