Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20638 Discussions

Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500

LukasBink
Beginner

Hello there dear Support Team!

I'm having a huge issue with my display driver. Basically this started a few days ago, I played Minecraft when suddenly my screen just flashed in black so I thought this is just a server lag, but it happened again and then again. I looked guides on what could be the problem and seen some people on youtube telling that it might be a corrupt driver. So I tried re-installing my Windows with full recovery cleanup which didn't help either way. I've noticed that one guy had the same issue here couple years ago. I followed the steps provided and still didn't help at all. Is there any way I could rollback the driver version while it is being disabled to previous version and without any pop-ups saying "this version is not supported". I can also provide with my PC specs if needed.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

Get drivers from

Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows* [15.40]

To avoid the popup you need to uninstall the old driver

0 Kudos
LukasBink
Beginner

Doesn't seem to work for me... Can it be corrupted of some sort?

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Unlikely. What you may have to do is a clean install. While disconnected from the Internet (to prevent Windows Update from interfering), uninstall the existing graphics driver, reboot, and then install new driver.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos