Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Intel(R) HD Graphics 630 DXVA2 hardware decode HEVC output green screen

Developer_liu
Beginner
Hello:
My CPU is Intel(R) Core(TM) I7-7700,and GPU is Intel(R) HD Graphics 630, windows system version is Win7. When I use ffmpeg DXVA2 decode HEVC stream,the Gpu's output is green screen. I analyzed the stream,this stream have 2 slice,it seems only the first slice is decoded. I've tried update my windows system to Win10,and also the Gpu driver,it's work.
the question is how can i solve this problem without update the driver?or the green screen is caused by the hevc stream ? how can i solved this problem by correct this hevc stream?
the hevc raw stream and the wrong decode picture is attached. Thanks and hope for your reply.
0 Kudos
1 Solution
megan3000
Valued Contributor I

Windows 7 is not officially supported on the 7th Gen CPU you have... What are some "consequences of that unsupported status"?

Well, this means for instance that Intel doesn't provide a driver update for Windows 7 for the HD 630 graphics, and this also means that I believe you're just running the basic Microsoft driver (which lacks a lot of features and capabilities). That would make it very difficult to be willing to get involved in looking for a solution at the "driver software level" when there is not even a driver that has been provided and supported for your OS version...

On the other hand, you said that it works on Windows 10 with an updated driver. With this in mind, we can discard there is an issue "at the hardware level" because using the official supported OS and driver, there are no issues...

Sorry, but I think your customer should start considering upgrading their OS (and take advantage of the new features and security fixes on those new versions of windows)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Windows 7 is not supported on your processor.

Only Windows 10 is supported on 7th gen and later processors.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
Developer_liu
Beginner
Thanks for your reply. Not all HEVC stream decode is wrong. and H264 decode is no problem. so i doubt is the stream compatibility problem of this Gpu.
0 Kudos
megan3000
Valued Contributor I

Windows 7 is not officially supported on the 7th Gen CPU you have... What are some "consequences of that unsupported status"?

Well, this means for instance that Intel doesn't provide a driver update for Windows 7 for the HD 630 graphics, and this also means that I believe you're just running the basic Microsoft driver (which lacks a lot of features and capabilities). That would make it very difficult to be willing to get involved in looking for a solution at the "driver software level" when there is not even a driver that has been provided and supported for your OS version...

On the other hand, you said that it works on Windows 10 with an updated driver. With this in mind, we can discard there is an issue "at the hardware level" because using the official supported OS and driver, there are no issues...

Sorry, but I think your customer should start considering upgrading their OS (and take advantage of the new features and security fixes on those new versions of windows)

0 Kudos