Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620 + Multi-Monitor Setup

Zool_the_Cool
Beginner

Hello,

I have a Lenovo laptop fitted with an Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620 chip, the current driver version is: 26.20.100.7323.

I want to use my laptop with 2 larger Dell monitors that ONLY have HDMI connections, I do not need the screen on the laptop itself.

I want to be able to display 2 different applications on each Dell monitor e.g. MS Word on one screen, GIMP on the other screen.

My laptop is connected to my 2 Dell monitors using a Techole HDMI splitter (model HS306).

Unfortunately with my current setup I only seem to have the following multi-monitor display options:

DUPLICATE THESE DISPLAYS

Under this setting the laptop and 2 Dell monitors display exactly the same image. I also see [1I2] in the "Rearrange your display" window.

EXTEND THESE DISPLAYS

Under this setting the laptop can display MS Word and the 2 Dell monitors display can display GIMP (so the 2 Dell monitors are acting as one screen). I also see [1] [2] in the "Rearrange your display" window.

SHOW ONLY ON 1

Under this setting the laptop screen is on only, the 2 Dell monitors have gone OFF. I also see [1] [2] in the "Rearrange your display" window.

SHOW ONLY ON 2

Under this setting the laptop screen is OFF and the 2 Dell monitors are displaying exactly the same image. (so the 2 Dell monitors are acting as one screen). I also see [2] [1] in the "Rearrange your display" window.

As you can see no available settings allow me to show 2 different applications on each Dell monitor! So I am guessing either the Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620 chip is no good for this? or the Techole HDMI splitter (model HS306) which sends the same image to both monitors isn't the correct device to use? however the only other option is an HDMI switch and that only switches to one or the other monitor, so I am guessing that wouldn't work either? What other devices are there!!!

If anyone can see what is going on and knows a solution please let me know, any help will be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Oh, here's and image showing the setup I want:

splitter.jpg

0 Kudos
1 Reply
n_scott_pearson
Super User

A splitter simply makes the same input available to two outputs. It is not what you want to be using if you want independent displays.

Since you didn't mention the model of your laptop, I cannot determine what display ports you have available. If all you have is this HDMI port, then you are out of luck. You can only hook one (independent) monitor to an HDMI port.

To do what you want to do, you need access to a DisplayPort port. This can be a true DisplayPort port or it can be a USB-C port that (also) supports DisplayPort Alt. mode.

Please provide your laptop model and we can discuss your options better,

...S

0 Kudos