Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20603 Discussions

Intel UHD 750 Graphic card and White Dots in H265 video

shifting_sand_15

Hello, 

i recently switched from Nvidia GTX1650 graphics card to integrated one in my i7-11700 processor.

I noticed white dots as artefacts in VLC player while playing H265 video files.

When I turn off hardware acceleration in VLC player, white dots disappear.

Also there were none white dots while I was using GTX1650 and playing the same video files.

In this sample 4K video
 13. HDR10+ HEVC 10-bit 23.976 Sample (in MKV with Dolby ATMOS audio)

from this webpage https://kodi.wiki/view/Samples - white dots are visible and reproducible on my system.

I am on the driver version 30.0.100.9955.

Attached are system summary, test results of cpu testing, screenshot of a problematic dots.

Is this problem a driver issue and is there acknowledged bug for it?

Regards.

36 Replies
ColinMcnulty
Novice
Yeah, no difference my end. Did the BIOS solve your issues with the ASUS board?
0 Kudos
CarlToribio
Novice

@ColinMcnulty wrote:
Yeah, no difference my end. Did the BIOS solve your issues with the ASUS board?

Yes it did, so I'm hoping my MSI B560 Tomahawk gets a new BIOS update as well.

0 Kudos
ColinMcnulty
Novice
I’ve got a MSI B560i, fingers crossed they put something out soon.
0 Kudos
Banner
Beginner

So do I ! Same motherboard MSI B560 Tomahawk has same issue with I5 11400 HD730 Integrated graphic 

0 Kudos
berkkocaturk
New Contributor I

I didnt even knew this was a common problem i have the same issue on my 11400 cpu it was meant to be a media center pc with just harddrives and i trusted on the igpu to decode the video so it was important to me

I thought I have a bad cpu but since it is common issue this is much bigger hope they solve it as soon as possible not having displayport 1.4 color depth settings suck on top of this they are really bad when it comes to igpus.

0 Kudos
berkkocaturk
New Contributor I

Hello,

Msi support did not officially released a new bios for msi b560m pro but they have e mailed me one I am guessing they will release a final bios update that will solve this .

Shame that intel releases gop vbios rst microcode etc. updates for bios but motherboard manufacturers do not update there are so many updated bios modules that intel releases intel really needs to push bios updated on their partners.

People that had problem on msi boards should write a ticket from here https://account.msi.com/tickets/list?1 they have e mailed me a bios. my board officially doesnt have any new bios but the one that they send removed artifacts.

@ColinMcnulty  @CarlToribio @Banner 

0 Kudos
Pyxis
Beginner

Sorry for tagging onto this, but I'm having the exact same issue with my 12600k UHD 770 paired with a 2080 Super.

I play my HDR content using KMPlayer and see little white pixels randomly appearing and disappearing on the picture. I've noticed it seems to happen more when something like my mouse pointer or subtitles are on-screen.

Anyone that's dealt with this before, have any suggestions to help me? I downloaded the intel update tool and all my drivers are up to date.

0 Kudos
shifting_sand_15

Hi there, I updated motherboard bios to latest one and that solved the problem.

0 Kudos
Marcel_chavez
Beginner

Hello shifting_sand, currently in 2023 im still loking for a solution to this problem, i have exactly the same problem what did you do to solve this? Also would be better for me if you share a social media link or your email so i can stay in touch with you talking in this platform may take days, or months and is a complex topic i havent been able to solve in any forum

Can you help me out pls

-regards Marcel

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

@Marcel_chavez This thread is two years old.  And, the forum has a private message capability.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
HW31
Beginner

apperently my post was deletet. i wonder why? this time i recorded it on video....

i have two 630 uhd igpu and i also have this problem! one laptop and one 9th gen i5 processor. no bios updates are availible. its been 3 years and intel didnt deliver an driver update. so what are we doing now? 

here is an example:

<REMOVED> 

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Because of your link to the site, which we find questionable.

If you want to add a photo or document, attach it to the thread and do not use an external site.

0 Kudos
HW31
Beginner

What exactly did you find questionable? a link to a video which examples the problem which you even dont have to download? the most questionable thing right now is why intel didnt deliver a driver update for 3 years or at least didnt admit it isnt fixable via driver update. i dont know if it isnt fixable by update but i have to assume because intel isnt comunicating. if that not the case please give as an eta already.

if it true that it isnt fixable by driver update:

a=what do people do who cant recive a mainboard update anymore?

b=is it fair too people who are buying hardwware just to realize there will be no fix anymore?

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

3 years without a driver update for your UHD 630 graphics?  Rubbish.

You can find the latest driver here for 7th to 10th gen processors:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/776137/intel-7th-10th-gen-processor-graphics-windows.html

Now, regarding your download site.   We do not have time to check every external file server and, frankly, I (and others) are not willing to risk doing so.   The intel forum provides the ability to attach files, so use it.

Regarding your question "a":  They have to add a graphics card or get newer hardware.  Simple enough.

Regarding your question "b":  These people need to do the appropriate reseaarch PRIOR to making such a purchase.

0 Kudos
HW31
Beginner

of course i ment driver update which includes a fix. Latest driver installed. one system has an celeron with 630 uhd and the other system has a i5 9500. not that old in my oppinion to justify an hardware upgrade. and why should people even buy an additional graphics card? they bought this cpu because they dont want(climate ie.) or dont need one.

why should people bother to buy intel products if they now the answer to "little" problems will be: buy new hardware?

"Regarding your question "b":  These people need to do the appropriate reseaarch PRIOR to making such a purchase."

could you please give me a link/Driver update note where intel says: "dear paying customer, we fixed this issue now." so people can make an appropriate reasearch what to buy or what to stay away from?

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Those answers are MY answers, not Intel's answers.

If you want an Intel answer, wait for one. 

Like it or not, products become discontinued and/or obsoleted and not supported.  Times change, new hardware becomes available, old hardware is not supported.   Again, my response, not Intel's.

0 Kudos