Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20623 Discussions

Intel UHD Graphics 620 continually not connecting external monitors

krolholio
Beginner

I've got a Lenovo Ideapad 730S with three USB-C Thunderbolt ports for connectivity.  I am continually having issues connecting to external monitors.  I've updated Windows 10, updated and rolled back drivers, BIOS is up to date.  I attempted to utilize some tool from Intel to update drivers and it seemed to not completely install things, as when after weeks of troubleshooting, I went to the UHD 620 page and downloaded the most current drivers and attempted install (as Administrator).  I already had the latest driver.  I noticed a Beta Version of that same driver and downloaded and installed.  Initially the Beta driver did not work, but when I came back to the computer the next morning, it woke the external monitor.  All was fine......until today.  I moved to a different office and am once again unable to connect to an external monitor.   I'm just about at my wits end here.  Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

krolholio, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

Is this a new computer?

Was it working fine before with external monitors?

When did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

How many monitors are you trying to connect? Please provide the model of each of them.

Are you using adapters or converters?

When you go to Intel® Graphics Command Center, are the external monitors detected but there is no display, or they are not detected at all?

Please provide the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, please check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Please provide the Intel® Graphics report while the external monitor is connected for us to verify how it is detected and also a screen shot oh how the monitor is connected to the laptop:
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005848/graphics.html

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello krolholio, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello krolholio, Since I have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, please post them on a new thread so we can further assist you with this matter.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos