Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20954 Discussions

Intel UHD Graphics driver problems (i7-10510U)

mikebaba
Beginner

My T490s laptop, Intel UHD Graphics (i7-10510U) after installing the latest driver, the system will freeze after a few minutes, and the probability of occurrence is very, very high when using the battery, but it is normal when using AC power mode. So I can only uninstall the intel official driver, use Microsoft's default display driver, so everything is normal, how to solve it?

mikebaba_0-1706144629308.png

0 Kudos
6 Replies
VonM_Intel

Hi, mikebaba.

Thank you for posting in the Intel Communities. We are here to help you with the Intel UHD Graphics driver issues.

To assist you better, please provide us with the following information:

• Was the UHD graphics working fine before and without any system freeze?
  • Did you make any recent changes to the system before the issue occurred?
  • Did you see any error messages (such as Error codes: 10, 22, 28, 31, 43,1 or 45) in Device Manager?
  • Did you notice any overheating issues with the laptop?

Moreover, kindly provide us with your Intel SSU logs (in English, since I noticed the image is in Chinese), as it would really help us if we could get more information about your system.

To provide the Intel SSU logs:

1. Download the Intel® System Support Utility and save the application to your system. (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html)
  2. Open the application, tick Everything, and click Scan to see system and device information. The Intel® System Support Utility defaults to the Summary View on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View. 
  3. To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer. 
  4. Attach the text file here.

Looking forward to your response. Have a nice day ahead!

Best regards,

Von M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
mikebaba
Beginner

First of all, thanks for the support.

In AC mode, the UHD graphics work fine, and the system freeze does not occur.
No changed. In battery mode, with intel driver, the problem occurs 100%. Using the Microsoft basic graphics card driver, it works fine.
During the system freeze, there are no errors, no system log alerts, and no system dump files.
The laptop has no overheating issues because there is no software running except for the operating system.

god bless you.

0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hi, mikebaba.

Thank you for answering our set of questions. After carefully looking into the issue and conducting some research on my end, I have noticed that you installed the latest driver for Intel UHD Graphics (i7-10510U), and after a few minutes the system freezes and has the probability of occurrence when using a battery, but normal when using AC mode setup. I also noticed that you are using an OEM manufacturer device (T490s Lenovo laptop). Since this is an OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer), please be advised that our support may be limited since we are not familiar with the technology, settings, customizations, custom drivers, and features that the OEM has designed and installed on your system. 

At this rate, we would recommend checking with your computer manufacturer: (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-intel.html?tab=system-manufacturers) and using the driver software, to avoid potential installation compatibilities. Also, please be guided that Intel® only supplies generic versions of Graphics Drivers for general purposes. Computer manufacturers might have changed the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes to the driver software or software packaging.

Moreover, I would like to share with you this link: (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000058958/graphics.html), where you can find the reason why the issues occurred after updating to this generic driver.

Please let us know if you have any further questions or clarifications.

Best regards,

Von M.

0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hi, mikebaba.

Additionally, if you were installing on an Intel graphics driver, you may use this link: (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/sku/196449/intel-core-i710510u-processor-8m-cache-up-to-4-90-ghz/downloads.html#), where you can find the exact graphics driver for the Intel® Core™ i7-10510U Processor.

Best regards,

Von M.

0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

I hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post?

Kindly let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Von M.

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello mikebaba, 

As we have not heard a response from you, we will proceed in closing this thread. If you encounter any issues, you may also check with your OEM at this link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-intel.html?tab=system-manufacturers and use the OEM driver to avoid potential installation compatibilities. 

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

0 Kudos